Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burger King or McDonalds

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Corega

The Gopher wrote:
    Isnt it funny in these internet srveys that everybody always says Burger King but out there in the real world most people eat in McDonalds?

McDonalds is the most well known and has more locations than BK. People are more familiar with McDonalds as opposed to BK, especially the generic layout of each restaurant. And "Mickey D's" are easier to see with their 100 foot Golden Buttocks signs.

As for me, if I had just been released from a Serbian Gulag and was offered a meal from either company I still wouldn't eat it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,894 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Beef burgers are nicer at BurgerKing but the chicken burgers are much nicer at McDonalds. (Mmmm, chicken premiere). Also it's easier to get a milkshake in MacDonalds.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

neither KFC for me yes there is one in bray now WOWOWOWOWOW

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

BK have better everything IMO, even though I used to think McDonalds had better fries. BK's selection of dips redifines the fries-eating experience! The ingredients in the burgers also seem much fresher in BK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭elivsvonchiaing

I went off beef during the mad -cow scare.The first burger I had eaten in 2 years was a BK. It was horrible - too much fat in it I reckon. I tried a McD and it was lovely.

I've eaten three Big Mac since (1998). :D No further BKs. I reckon a McHappy meal is probably Ok for your kids if they have one when aged 3, another at age 7 then 11 etc.

I personally think McDs do a better burger but their marketing is far more evil!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

A Bacon double cheese burger with onion rings and bbq sauce onnit :eek: Frikken sweet.... :cool:

CC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Theyre both ****e tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭blobert

Bugger King much better.
    MacDonalds cheaper.

Burger King need some kind of Euro"Stretcher" menu.

Hillbilly's - yum. I'm sure they kill those chickens by manner of heroin overdose or something, their chicken burgers are just so damn addictive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭lilo moo

i wonder if any of you mcdonald's lovers out there have seen morgan spurlock's movie 'supersize me'? if not, you should educate yourselves about what you're eating and what it's doing to your bodies and watch it! seriously, it'll put you off mcdonald's for a while... :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Blisterman

McDonalds arew cheaper and have nicer fries. I don't eat red meat and I like the chicken strips and McChicken Premiere's equally, so I'd go for MCDonalds.

KFC and Subway kick both their asses, but there aren't as many of those.
    I wish they'd open a KFC around grafton st.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

McD's higher quality beef in their Burgers (fact..taken from a different part of the animal..don't ask me how i know this) , chips, aka fries..both shiite and not much to do with potato..BK have an extra (note extra..) coating on them that preserves heat better..thus BK fries should be hotter on average then McD's ..tho older too on average..
    I prefer to eat BK for the simple reason their food is hotter, the reason for this is simple, BK nukes the food they serve you, McD's makes it fresh.
    Both are pretty safe (BK nukes it to such a temp most bacteria is killed).
    A fresh McD's meal is prolly better food (fresher food, meat of higher quality, costs less) , however the only time you are likely to get "fresh" McD's food is in the middle of a rush hour..ie lunch or dinner time (start is worst time as food is precooked to help meet demand) or v quiet times as the food is prepared to order.
    Thus I voted BK, its hot and faster .
    KFC which i know nothing about the food preparation process , frankly kicks ass taste wise..tho prehaps ignorance is bliss taste wise (have heard rumours..but no factual knowledge as in the above)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

If your rumour regards freaky genetically engineered chicken blobs, that's just urban myth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭elivsvonchiaing

Stark wrote:
    If your rumour regards freaky genetically engineered chicken blobs, that's just urban myth.
    GM foods are freaky enough to make me believe a chick-a-pede is likely within the next 100 years - the biggest problems will probably be blood circulation/metabolism - we all saw alien 3 - right! I am totally disgusted by the major players in the fast food game -esp. McD. However, if I knew I couldn't have another big Mac for the rest of my life - I would probably go nuts!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

the whopper is a far superior burger, no contest imo
    however, our mcD has buy one big mac get another free, so for 3 euro'ish, two big macs, hard to beat that if you got the munchies

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Georgiana

The chicken nuggets in McDs are very suspect. Have you ever examined the inside! It looks like its been inside a nuclear reactor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

BK4Ever!!

Bacon double cheese... mmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Should this thread be moved? Surely it shouldn't be under food?

Advertisement