Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Co. Council Local Area Plans. Public Consultation

Options
  • 07-01-2016 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭

In the library today I noticed copies of Cork Country Council's Local Area Plans, Public Consultation Document, dated December 14th 2015

One A4 folder for each of eight areas e.g. Ballincollig-Carraigaline, Basndon-Kinsale, East Cork etc. and a CD. Copies of which were provided for members of the public to take away, though I suppose it's all online too.

Submissions from the public are invited until 25th January 2016.
    So get your skates on if you wish to contribute.

I was interest to look at Midleton, Youghal, Carraigaline. Lots of info to consider but a few points:
    - There was no more than a four or five line paragraph on the subject of Flooding and a mention "to take account of the local flood study".
    - Some new minor roads in Youghal proposed
    - The benefit of a bus service from Carraigaline - Ringaskiddy, identified as a main local employment destination to help deal with "high car dependancy".
    - Extension and upgrade of sewers required in some Carraigaline locations.

Advertisement