Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How's Mallow looking?

Options
  • 05-01-2016 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

I've to go to Charleville on Saturday and the quickest route looks to be via Mallow which I know has been in the news over Xmas. How's it looking this week - barring any more downpours, how clear will it be come the weekend?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

The road straight through never floods, only roads in town and road to killarney

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Bagenal

I need to go to Killarney on Saturday. Anyone able to tell me how things are regards flooding between Mitchelstown, Mallow and Killarney?

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭phater phagan

Hello - I often take the train from Kerry to Dublin with a change at Mallow, and have thought about visiting the town, What is the town like? Are there any interesting places to see, i.e. Nice Pubs or restaurants, scenic areas of the town, art galleries etc?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

There's a good variety of restaurants. There's a Rebel Trail /http://www.mallow.ie/viewpage.php?memid=45) if you're interested in history, as well as a ruined castle.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,671 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Don't forget the deer :)

There are some nice new restaurants as well: Khao.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭phater phagan

Manach wrote: »
    Don't forget the deer :)

There are some nice new restaurants as well: Khao.

The deer sounds nice. Is there a park near the town with wildlife. I'd love that.
    I've eaten at Khao in Killarney. Good,
    Thanks lads, for your suggestions.
    I'll definitely stop off and explore Mallow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

The deer sounds nice. Is there a park near the town with wildlife. I'd love that.
    I've eaten at Khao in Killarney. Good,
    Thanks lads, for your suggestions.
    I'll definitely stop off and explore Mallow.

There's a town park and riverside walk. The deer are enclosed in an area beside the castle.

Doneraile also has a very nice park with deer and a cafe but you need a car to get there.

Advertisement