Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N25 flooding

Options
  • 30-12-2015 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if the N25 between Castlemartyr and Killeagh will be reopened today? I made it in this morning by going cross country through Mogeely >> Dungourney but was hoping for a more direct return home trip!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭blindsider

mordeith wrote: »
    Anyone know if the N25 between Castlemartyr and Killeagh will be reopened today? I made it in this morning by going cross country through Mogeely >> Dungourney but was hoping for a more direct return home trip!

Any updates on the road status?

Need to use it tomorrow a.m.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

Road is still closed. Diversions are in place, drive with care as in watch out for potholes.

Just found this on the AA web-site:

AA Traffic Update
    N25 closed between Killeagh and Castlemartyr due to flooding
    Updated: 1/2/2016 11:46:41 AM

The N25 Cork/ Waterford Rd will remain closed until further notice between Killeagh and Castlemartyr due to flooding. Diversions are signposted.

johnayo wrote: »
    Road is still closed. Diversions are in place, drive with care as in watch out for potholes.

Thanks Johnayo!

Im heading towards Waterford, so I might go the M8 to Cahir and go across from there.

Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

bare in mind there is flooding around clonmel & carrick on suir so if you are going to Waterford. via the M8 check that route before you leave

• Advertisement

Thanks Lisa!!

You're right - there are a few spots, and more rain on the way......

Maybe I'll stick to the N25 and take it handy on the detour as per Johnayo's advice above.

Thanks again all!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

bare in mind there is flooding around clonmel & carrick on suir so if you are going to Waterford. via the M8 check that route before you leave

I came in this morning. The diversion is back to the one via Ladysbridge (Carewsood garden centre) coming from the east. If you are heading east I think they are diverting people into Ladysbridge itself and then back onto the N25 between Killeagh and Youghal. Not a long diversion if traffic is light (which it was this morning).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

Was talking to a guard at the checkpoint yesterday and he said it could be a week before the road is clear.
    As said already be very careful on the diversion, loads of large potholes. If you see loose stones/gravel on the road it's a sure sign of a pothole lurking under a puddle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

There is only one diversion in place now and that is through Mogeely (both directions. There is supposed to be no HGVs but there were plenty on it this morning.

Any idea why they closed the Ladysbridge route.
    The sensible thing would have been to send traffic east one way and west the other route.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Roanmore wrote: »
    There is only one diversion in place now and that is through Mogeely (both directions. There is supposed to be no HGVs but there were plenty on it this morning.

Any idea why they closed the Ladysbridge route.
    The sensible thing would have been to send traffic east one way and west the other route.

I see on BE's web site
    Route 40 & 260- Operating via Mogeely between Castlemartyr and Killeagh

Would buses not be regarded in the same way to some extent as HGV's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

danjo-xx wrote: »
    I see on BE's web site

Would buses not be regarded in the same way to some extent as HGV's

Maybe, but people need the bus. I think the HGV restriction is mainly aimed at trucks coming from Rosslare to Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Is the road open now.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭Dermo123

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Keplar240B

Did that ever happen before?

What took em so long, the thread was started on 30-12-15?

A whole week+?

Advertisement