Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scholarship

Options
  • 22-09-2012 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hello,anybody knows how many points you need to get in Leaving Cert to get scholarship?

Somebody told me you need to get 6 A1 -Higher Level but I have a booklet from UCD and it says you need to get 560 points for scholarship.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

Apart from certain county and region specific scholarships which I don't really know anything about, the only Trinity entrance scholarship is a €300 book token for getting over 560 points.

http://www.tcd.ie/Admissions/undergraduate/scholarships/

• Registered Users Posts: 28 chibihito

If you're exempt from paying the Leaving Cert fees, you could be eligible for the All Ireland Scholarship with around 540 points(depending on the county you live in)

As far as I know there are no LC points based scholarships in Trinity..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

There are some scholarship type things within departments (Physics for example, get an A1 in Physics [if multiple people achieve an A1 then it's points based] and have the intention of doing a Physics degree)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Mr. Maths

Trinity have scholarships that are based on exams that you can sit in second year, there's not much for first years starting, only the book tokens (you needed 560 points to get those last year, dunno how the bonus points in maths have effected that though). There are a few small departmental scholarships too, I got the physics one that was mentioned above last year :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭EmmetOT

Is it possible you're referring to the Entrance Exhibitions? Anyone who gets over 560 (or at least, it was 560 last year) gets a €150 book voucher in JF and JS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

OP, your post is a bit confusing.

Are you talking about:
    A) the Entrance Exhibitions? (€150 book vouchers in both JF and SF years)
    B) the Foundation Scholarship? (the main scholarship in College, based on exams you sit in 2nd or 3rd year)
    C) one of the entrance prizes awarded by various departments or funds for people from different counties?
    D) something from UCD? (you mention a UCD handbook - is it possible you posted in the wrong place?)

In Trinity, the only general points-based awards are the Entrance Exhibitions. The cut-off for those has been 560 for the last few years.
    As well as that, there are a few entrance prizes based on subjects, schools and counties (there are ones where you have to be from Kerry or Antrim, I think) but I think you have to apply for those and very few people are eligible.

Other than the above prizes, there is no scholarship in Trinity based on Leaving Cert points alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭meganob

chibihito wrote: »
    If you're exempt from paying the Leaving Cert fees, you could be eligible for the All Ireland Scholarship with around 540 points(depending on the county you live in)

As far as I know there are no LC points based scholarships in Trinity..

Why does the all Ireland scholarship depend on the county you live in?

Advertisement