Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfers to engineering

Options
  • 19-12-2015 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Anyone know is it feasible to transfer into senior freshman engineering from another course in trinity?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 megakan77889

would really appreciate some help here. Understand that even junior freshman year of engineering contains a lot of lectures and such, but if there is some overlap between my course and engineering would I be able to transfer without having to repeat first year?

Talk to your tutor. May be possible but it'll be difficult to convince them. Saying that, it has definitely happened for different courses before.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 megakan77889

Dónal wrote: »
    Talk to your tutor. May be possible but it'll be difficult to convince them. Saying that, it has definitely happened for different courses before.

Yeah, I've heard of a few instances of it before. The only thing is it seems to be all courses in or related to the arts department which let people skip a year, they seem to be a lot more understanding than engineering or science related departments 😫

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭A97

Yeah you'd be best to talk to your tutor and see what they can sort out for you. I know of an individual who went from first year Science to first year Engineering. With that in mind, it seems unlikely that you could skip a year since there aren't too many courses as close to Engineering in terms of content as Science.:(

Advertisement