Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Avast anti virus not updating

Options
  • 11-02-2009 10:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭

I have downloaded avast anti virus today on hp new laptop. Now I can't open the Google home page. We have a lan wireless connection (Linsky router) and everything is working on the PC but not the laptop. Windows indicates the wireless connection is operating on the laptop. Windows security indicates the malware protection is not updated. This has just happened since I downloaded avast. It did come with a free trial of Norton but I did have problems with Norton before and now I use avast on the PC as well and no problems there. How do I get internet explorer back?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Fenlig

Sounds like a invalid wep key to me, if you can try connect the laptop with a network cable to the router and see if you can get connection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭sofia11

Thanks, I'll try that, what is a wep key? I'm not a techie so how do I fix this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭mcmc

A WEP key is a security number you have to put in on your connection. I know with some eircon modems its printed on the bottom.

Advertisement