Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acer Aspire 5920G. Sometimes stalling...

Options
  • 09-02-2009 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭

Ok I got this about a month ago.

Specs
    Intel Core 2 Duo T5750 2.0Ghz, 32 bit OS
    4gb DDR2
    250gb HDD
    ATI Radeon HD 3470 256mb

I have 58GB free on C drive
    101 GB free on D drive

I find it is very fast and great for multi tasking and gaming so no problems there.
    Im wondering why Sometimes like just today when I turned it on, plugged in on High performance I opened Web, iTunes and as I clicked around it kept freezing(Program 'not responding' and the likes) for a while until I HAD TO restart the laptop.

It is fine now, working great but how come sometimes it acts up like this and stalls on me. Its only new and I have been maintaining it pretty often.

Any advice or tips on reducing the odd Stalling and having to reboot every now and again( its annoying, hence this thread )?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

Some programs just hang/crash occasionally, not an awful lot more to say about it tbh. If you can narrow it down to one offender you might be able to replace it with something else, or a more recent version.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭BaRcOe

Oh ok, thanks for the reply, ill try narrow it down next time

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭shinobi

Try opening the task manager (Cntrl + Alt + Del) open up the processes tab & Click on memory usage. From my own experience I've noticed the programs which hang use up a lot of memory.
    Hope this helps in some way.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 55 ✭✭fabgooner

hey this is a stupid question but i'm pretty sure its just a setting that needs to be changed, not sure where the setting is.
    i have an acer 5920G and when i stream things off the internet i cannot bring them up full screen. it appears like it is going to come up full screen but then it is just a black screen. any ideas??

fabgooner wrote: »
    hey this is a stupid question but i'm pretty sure its just a setting that needs to be changed, not sure where the setting is.
    i have an acer 5920G and when i stream things off the internet i cannot bring them up full screen. it appears like it is going to come up full screen but then it is just a black screen. any ideas??

Id suggest playing around with your DIsplay Settings (right click desktop-> personalise-> Display settings)

WHat browser are u using?
    I use FIrefox, have no problems!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

I picked up a 2.53GHz/4GB Acer 6935g last week, and by goshers there's a whooole heap of crap pre-installed. Trouble is; I am a hoarder by nature and feel like I need it all, so have only been able to axe 3/4 of the 20 startup processes it's running.

Unnecessary startup processes might be your issue also.

Startup programs is one of d 1st things I checked.

Another little thing that just happened, I opened it from being in SLeep mode.
    Usually, as its meant to, It asks for my password...etc
    Just now I could hear it booting up from sleep mode and the screen just stayed black?
    This has happened before forcing me to hold the power button-> Start WIndows Normally...etc which cant be too good for the laptop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Fenlig

I presume your using vista and i say the problems vista.

My explorer windows kept freezing randomly in vista coming up as not responding.

XP FTW!

Advertisement