Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alternatives to Sky that incl. Setanta

Options
  • 28-03-2006 9:44am

...only have the 4 basic channels. Want to get some extra ones to include Setanta. Sky engineer came to put in the satellite dish lately and then announced that he couldn't because I had no phone line in yet - even though I told them about this and they indicated that it would just mean an extra charge - so would love to tell them to stick it and go with NTL or Chorus or whatever crowd can supply in Sth Kerry.

Anyway, does Setanta come with every package or provider? Is it worth getting it? How many channels?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

it does but i'm not sure if digital MMDS covers all the Setanta channels

fact is your installer is wrong. Sky didnt lie to you about the extra charge for having no phone line

Mossy Monk wrote:
    fact is your installer is wrong. Sky didnt lie to you about the extra charge for having no phone line

No, Sky said there would be an extra xharge, which I was happy to pay. However, when the installer came around and rang them for a work reference number, they told him to down tools and stop installation because it couldn't be done at all. I know plenty who have had it done, but this is Sky's service for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

No, Sky said there would be an extra xharge

re read what i said. there is a charge, just as Sky have told you. it is €37.50 or something like that

whatever happened to you is wrong and shouldnt have happened

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Why do you need a phone line anyway?

Advertisement