Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SPRAOI festival. July 31-Aug 2, 2015

Options
  • 17-07-2015 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭

Just been having a browse through the brochure for the 2015 SPRAOI & as always there seems to be a great line up of acts from all around the world ...... now fingers crossed for good weather!

http://www.spraoi.com/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,877 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

best of luck to everyone involved im sure it ll be a great weekend. hopefully we get the weather. unfortunately lost interest in this years ago but it seems to be going well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Have to say the music acts look particularly poor this year, but, each to their own. I'm sure there are some people that will enjoy it.
    Always like the buzz around the pubs when spraoi is on.
    Only time that the pubs are like what they were like 10-15 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭comeraghs

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    best of luck to everyone involved im sure it ll be a great weekend. hopefully we get the weather. unfortunately lost interest in this years ago but it seems to be going well

Have to disagree with that, some very good bands playing, & especially some of the UK ones.

& There are fireworks! FIREWORKS! Maybe I had a deprived childhood but fireworks always excite me! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Have to say the music acts look particularly poor this year, but, each to their own. I'm sure there are some people that will enjoy it.
    Always like the buzz around the pubs when spraoi is on.
    Only time that the pubs are like what they were like 10-15 years ago.

Sounds like you like pubs.

comeraghs wrote: »
    Have to disagree with that, some very good bands playing, & especially some of the UK ones.

& There are fireworks! FIREWORKS! Maybe I had a deprived childhood but fireworks always excite me! :)

ah ive moved on from it. i have a very odd taste in music anyway. be lucky to catch any of the bands im into in ireland let alone waterford. wish the spraoi lads the best this weekend. forecasts dont look amazing though particularly for sunday. im sure the town will be buzzing though. fireworks rock!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

I'd recommend anyone to go see The Showhawk Duo. They're brilliant guitarists who play songs you know in a way you've not seen before. Especially 90s dance anthems like Sandstorm, Zombie Nation, Insomnia etc

Just check out their Edinburgh Fringe gigs on youtube

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭lassykk

gscully wrote: »
    I'd recommend anyone to go see The Showhawk Duo. They're brilliant guitarists who play songs you know in a way you've not seen before. Especially 90s dance anthems like Sandstorm, Zombie Nation, Insomnia etc

Just check out their Edinburgh Fringe gigs on youtube

Thanks so much for pointing this out... Can't wait to see them on Sunday!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭thomasm

They look great

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Was in town today. Was great to see life back in town and loads of people out and about. Personally I think that there were too few acts this year for the crowds that were there. It was very hard to see the acts in John Roberts Sq this afternoon. My 3 and 2 yr ols didn't stand a chance of seeing anything.

hows the festival going so far folks? anything or bands to watch out for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭thomasm

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    hows the festival going so far folks? anything or bands to watch out for?

Huge crowds today, really nice atmosphere around and very enjoyable acts. Hope weather holds for parade and fireworks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Biggest crowds I've ever seen yesterday. But yes my 2 kids couldn't see anything. It was great when it was in the park. I saw interesting things for older kids in o O'Connell St. It was nicely spread out.
    The website said there was parking in the Rice centre but I sent some people up there and it was all locked up.
    The pubs really seemed busy which is great.

thomasm wrote: »
    Hope weather holds for parade and fireworks.

unfortunately it doesnt look too good for this evening/tonight. bring the rain gear folks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Pity it was a lovely morning. Have the rain gear beside the door!

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Pity it was a lovely morning. Have the rain gear beside the door!

jasus it really doesnt look too good for the parade. current forecasts are showing the worst to hit around the time of the parade. theres even a bit of thunder wrapped up in it but hard to know if it ll hit here.

met eireann short range:
    http://www.met.ie/forecasts/short-range.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Here it comes ,its an annual question by now .

What time are the fireworks ?
    please

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭madfcuker

Spraoi brouchure states at the end of the parade so guessing after 10pm more closer to 10:30pm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

madfcuker wrote: »
    Spraoi brouchure states at the end of the parade so guessing after 10pm more closer to 10:30pm

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Gosh, will it all go ahead with the terrible weather?

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭madfcuker

Samsgirl wrote: »

As per Spraoi Facebook:
    Hi all, the parade IS GOING AHEAD tonight, starts 9.30p.m. John's St, Michael St., Broad St and the Quay. Just put on your coats and come celebrate the climax of Spraoi 2015. Fireworks follow parade

• Advertisement

Samsgirl wrote: »

crew have gone in anyway. its gone ahead before in fairly terrible weather so id say it probably will. heavier rain on the way though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭taytobreath

has poor spraoi ever caught a break with the ould weather? they seem to be wicked unlucky every year

Advertisement