Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mad feckin dream!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

One of my most memorable dream in recent times had to be from last wed night...

I was lying on a hospital bed, with all my family around me. It wasn't a private room in the hospital as I knew there was 5 other beds/patients in the room, but everything was soooo quiet. My family were the only ones whispering and it was like everyone was focusing on me, and waiting for me to do something. I just lay there quietly, and stared back at everyone else. Then my eyes started to close, and I remember hearing my mother say, "I think he's gone!". I then gathered my energy, and while my eyes were still closed told them that I was alright, and I was still there.

I woke up soon after, because my heart was beating like mad, and I had to sit up in the bed and take a couple of deep breaths to calm down. Which was strange because in the dream everything was relaxed.

;-phobos-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

I think i had a dream last night where i was driving around in a car with someone who could have been Axl Rose . I was in the village where i grew up and we were both going around looking for those yummy Cadbury's Dream Eggs. I think i was eating too much of them during Lent and the guilt invaded my subconsious.

The wierdest dream i ever had was when i murdered (in cold blood) a woman with a rock and concealed all the evidence. I woke up and was convinced for about three hours that i actually murdered someone and forgotten all about it. I was staying at a mate's, and when i told him, freaked the crap out of him..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 SHEILA

I have this other dream all the time where I am driving someone's hot rod and no matter how hard i press the brakes the car will only slow down, not stop...it feels like i am pressing the brakes forever and scared that it wont stop and then i wake up.
    The other dream i have all the time is where I am playing sports, A different one in every dream, and i always come out the winner and people are cheering for me and I am getting awards it's a grand dream I always wake up smiling :):D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

I used to have this dream over and pver when i was younger, basically myself and my nana and lots and lots of women were in a big room downstairs somewhere and there was this giant machine/robot thing wandering about the rest of the town destroying it. And it came down to the end where we stopped it by all putting our fingers into some sort of grating.

*shrug* it was odd and happened over and over.

<< Fio >>

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭n.catenthusiast

I've had several dreams of being in the nip, and no matter what I do, I can never ever get to clothes.

quite disconcerting, actually...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39 SHEILA

The dreams that really get me are the ones that foretellt he future. I get those and it wierds me out totally. I have had them play out to the T. It is usually about someone dying and it always happens the day i wake up from the dream, but a few times it happened with small things, like somegirl i worked with but never spoke to cause she was new and I hadnt gotten around to it yet came in one day and told everyone she was pregnant, that morning i woke up from the exact situation in my dream...it happened just as it did in my dream, i freaked. Now I just wish I could control it. It's cool i guess. I suppose they call it preminitions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,615 ✭✭✭Panda

I have boring dreams, usually, but sometimes i have interesting dreams.

I've actually tried eating lots of cheese to induce bad dreams just to see if its true.
    Its not.
    Stupid old wives tale....

Last dream i remember was of a pub and i had a hawk on my arm, that had the voice of a friend.

This other time i was in that kind of place between asleep and awake and i thought i was still asleep and was dreaming.
    I got up and made myself some rice crispies and then promptly fell face first into the bowl whilst sitting at the table...

Ice cold milk to the face sounds funny but its not.

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,615 ✭✭✭Panda

Oh and try your newest dreams or recurring dreams at this site.

The thing seems to repeat itself tho...

If you're bored, Click Here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I used to have quite vivid dreams but these days I cant remember
    dreaming at all....:(

MIke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

The other night, I had this dream where I thought Andrew W.K. was good.
    That was about the most ****ed up dream I could imagine.
    (btw this actualy did happen.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

I didn't realise it til now strangely, but you're all insane!
    I have the teeth falling out dream, I also had (not a dream) a vision one time, that we were all living on Mars, but the planet was about to explode... it was in the future and I was some sort of pilot.
    I got into a sort of hover car thing and I was zooming down all these windy tunnels (sort of like wipeout) and then I burst out over a city, and there was hundreds and thousands of hover cars and people all heading to these huge spaceships to evacuate the planet.... anyway, I docked on one of these ships and looked out a window as we zoomed off into space, then Mars sort of imploded and sent huge shockwaves, making our spaceship sort of rumble about.... then I snapped out of it!! :) Mad eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

All my dreams involve falling from great heights and i swear guys i can feel the rush of falling each time it happens, its amazing to experience that!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Last friday nite i think it was had the most bizzare dream:

I was in a field and i was using my telekinetic powers to tear large chunks out or the ground, throw rocks around n stuff.

THe after messing around for a while i looked at the gaping hole in the ground n thought i should fill it back in. So now i was moving boulders around with my mind, rather unsuccessfully as they were so large.

After a while a crowd came running into the field being chased by aliens. The aliens landed their ship and got out and started shooting at people so i used my power to defend the people.

Now this is the weird bit, to escape back to our demension we had to run to the bottom corner of the field and put rabbit food into a washing machine!

Everyone couldn't go at the same time to i stayed behind to fight off the aliens. Eventually everyone got through the washing machine and we arrived in a waiting room.

THats when i woke up :)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Originally posted by Dustaz
    the wierdest dream i ever had was one spanning about 40 years in which i got married, had kids and lived a full life. The sense of loss when i woke up was indescribable.

I had a dream like that once a few years back when i was on holiday, it was a mega dream but when i woke up it was teh suck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭EL_Diablo

I once had this dream where i got up out of bed and went into the bathroom and took a p1ss and went back to bed. I thought nothing of it when i got up that morning until I went to get dressed and found a lot of wet clothes in my wardrobe.
    I also dreamt that this bloke I knew died and I thought it was real for about a week.
    btw heres some info on sleep paralysis http://www.stanford.edu/~dement/paralysis.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

That reminds me actually, years and years ago I had a dream where me and 2 other friends and my sister started up some secret club thing, as you do when you're that age (this was many years ago) and we had this stone, which had some magical properties or something, anyway it was sortof the basis for the club. I thought it was a dream for ages but then I found the stone in school on the "nature table" and asked where it had come from, turns out my sister'd brought it in, and the whole club thing actually happened (minus the magic) over the course of one afternoon and was forgotten about afterwards, don't know how I came to think it was a dream, very confusing situation to be in....

This subject in general is of great interest to me, keep the posts coming :).

Oh and slightly off-topic but does anyone else get a lot of Deja Vu? It happens me somtimes, feels like I've been in the same situation in a dream somehow, I like it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭EL_Diablo

If anyone is still interested in sleep paralysis here's more info http://www.castleofspirits.com/sleep.html

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Originally posted by EL_Diablo
    If anyone is still interested in sleep paralysis here's more info http://www.castleofspirits.com/sleep.html
    Going by the description given on that site, that's exactally what happened to me!

The feeling that people were in my room, then one on them holding me down, excerting pressure on my chest. A most unpleasent experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭flyz

Originally posted by phaxx

When I was younger, I used to sometimes wake up and feel like the blankets were rock, sort of grating me... had a very "industrial" feeling, and then I saw daisies, and um, er. That used to happen a lot when I was ill.

That used to happen to me too, think it was a combination of having layers of blankets on me and being sick. As soon as I changed to having a quilt it stopped.

I remember dreaming of being shot before too, that was so real that I woke up with the pain I felt ( or thought I felt anyway )

Advertisement