Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A Pain in the arse!

• 15-03-2002 1:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭

as some of you may or may not know, i work in a hospital as a tech, I just got back from installing some remote control software on a machine in the operating theatre, it was a pain in the ass, i had to scrub up and wear all the gear, top, bottoms, hair net, face mask, shoe caps and try to work while they were cutting some punter up right beside me, Feckin nasty!

bomB

Comments

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

I was always fond of gore and violence as a kid - I have folders of pictures I drew since I was seven - Mainly skulls, the reaper, bodies being violated and torn to bits... And Im not lying... i still love the old gorey movies, and a late night dose of "The operation" on discovery really does butter my toast...

All you need is a stomach of steel and you could do anything whilst being a bystander to a patient rampantly being sliced open with kitchen utensils...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

you must really like ER then. "prapare the chest clamp!" pfffttkkkkuuuuuutt. :)

dont worry bombidol, im sure youre doing your bit to save lives as much as those surgeons operating on the patient. plus you get to check out the nurses without getting all covered in blood in the due process. good work remote control tech operating guy ?!?

adnans

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

ohhh.. lovely... then ya head back to the office and tuck into a nice big dirty brekkie roll with a nice big runny egg and loadsa ketchup... yummm... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

It was actually someones eye getting operated on so it was on a big telly too, a big red manky red with needles in it, twas freaKy!

bomB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭Khynareth

Had to get stiched up a few times myself (12 stiches on my thumb & 15 on my leg, and various others...). I found it funny to watch. But it was me and I didn't feel anything. I find gore film very funny because they are so exagerated. I used to go to rotten.com quite a lot. That's cool. I'd love to see such a thing done on somebody else live to see if I can stomac it. I probably would... That'd be cool!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Irish_Ranger_IR

Originally posted by adnans
    you must really like ER then. "prapare the chest clamp!" pfffttkkkkuuuuuutt. :)

dont worry bombidol, im sure youre doing your bit to save lives as much as those surgeons operating on the patient. adnans

Well said..

You could be seen as a life saver aswell...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Heh, I used to work in a hospital as a porter. Every now and then you'd have to bring a few dead patients down to the morgue and put them in the fridges. Not the best part of the job at all...

In my last job I worked as a techy in a college and had to call over to the Anatomy Dept. and was brought into the room where the Med students cut up the dead bodies. Here was I trying to fix some crappy old win3.1 computers and around me theres 8 bodies being cut and explored by students with hacksaws and chisels. Chisels !!! The smell there wasn't too bad cos it was he start of the term, by the end of the term its way worse cos its the same bodies they work on for the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Well i must say i find it rather distrubing that they'd allow non-medical staff into an operating room during an operation!

I've had a couple of operations its bad enough being unconscious with a bunch of train professionals seeing your bits n bobs but a computer tech in there as well! oh hell no!

jesus i'm never goin to a doctor agian :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

heh, used to be one of those myself(both porter and tech support), and to be honest azezil( about letting nonmedical staff into an operating room during an operation) dosent happen to often and usually only if important, in the 5 years that I had been working for hospitals I only ever had to do that twice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭[CALIBUR]

I was always fond of gore and violence as a kid - I have folders of pictures I drew since I was seven - Mainly skulls, the reaper, bodies being violated and torn to bits... And Im not lying... i still love the old gorey movies, and a late night dose of "The operation" on discovery really does butter my toast...

emm..ok? 0_o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭oeNeo

I watch Operation on Discovery too, it's great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭n.catenthusiast

i"ve always had a soft spot for watching operations too.
    once I was doing work experience in a vets, and I saw plenty of spaying and neuterings, which were great.

the neuterings on dogs were great craic-they slice down the centre of the scrotum, and squeez out the testicles with a big *POP*.

Poor dog.

Advertisement