Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hdmi port

Options
  • 27-01-2016 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭

How do I connect two tvs to a pc which has only one hdmi port? I can find plenty of devices to connect one tv to multiple devices but not the other way around...

thanks

JRBY

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭ForstalDave

do you want the same image to display on both screen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Does the PC have a spare DVI or VGA port ?
    You can probably get a DVI to HDMI or VGA to HDMI converter.

Or see of any of the TV's accept a DVI or VGA connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

http://www.amazon.co.uk/CDL-Micro-HDMI-Y-Splitter/dp/B003KVI7LA

try this .
    tv s should be same model ,or same resolution .
    make sure pc resolution is set to resolution tv can display ,
    124x768 or higher ,see tv manual pc settings resolution .
    Tvs can usually show may be 3 resolutions that look ok,
    a random pc resolution might look weird on a standard hd tv .
    my tv is 1080 max resolution .
    my default laptop res is 1280x800 .

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jrby

hi,

I ended up getting an DVI - HDMI connector. The only problem is if I have both the HDMI connector and the DVI/HDMI connector plugged in.....ie essentially have two screens connected at some time, I'm getting everything to the HDMI connected screen but only sound to the DVI/HDMI connected screen....

I'm using a reasonably top end Nvidia Graphics card from about three years ago...think its a gtx570....

Any thoughts?

Thanks

jrby

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭ForstalDave

jrby wrote: »
    hi,

I ended up getting an DVI - HDMI connector. The only problem is if I have both the HDMI connector and the DVI/HDMI connector plugged in.....ie essentially have two screens connected at some time, I'm getting everything to the HDMI connected screen but only sound to the DVI/HDMI connected screen....

I'm using a reasonably top end Nvidia Graphics card from about three years ago...think its a gtx570....

Any thoughts?

Thanks

jrby

DVI wont do sound so you would need to run a second cable for sound nad using a laptop that just going to be over a headphone cable not the best quailty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Hit WindowsKey+P and select "External Only" with both connected, do the two TVs work then? Its not uncommon for certain boards to only support two displays simultaneously.

Edit: Seems like 570's can only run two, you'll need to do the above and kill the internal to use both TVs.

thanks, i'll try that this evening...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

DVI wont do sound so you would need to run a second cable for sound nad using a laptop that just going to be over a headphone cable not the best quailty

I was thinking the same but apparently some cards will do it if they also have a HDMI port and the additional DVI port is used with a DVI > HDMI adapter and then HDMI into the display/TV.

Link

Link

Ken

ED E wrote: »
    Hit WindowsKey+P and select "External Only" with both connected, do the two TVs work then? Its not uncommon for certain boards to only support two displays simultaneously.

Edit: Seems like 570's can only run two, you'll need to do the above and kill the internal to use both TVs.

hi, I tried that an it worked. thanks for the help.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,700 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

another option would be a HDMI to VGA adaptor to bypass the "digital divide" and then a VGA splitter

• Advertisement
Advertisement