Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Using Irish address but with UK postcode!

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

jcsmum wrote: »
    As it's not available for store pick up and only through home delivery, is there anyway to get around this.

No, unless you know someone in the UK who will order it for you, and then deliver it to you in Dublin, which will probably cost you more than the price difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭97i9y3941

joined thread bit late so forgive me i repeat somethings already said,most companies in the uk if you contact them on phone will ship to ireland if you cover the extra cost of course,as for the parcel problem,i have had this happened to me before its due simply ireland not having postal codes you would have to ring the courier and they will set up an delivery,sometimes when i buy stuff from uk i put down the province i.e leinster and if they insist on postal code i put down phone number prefix area code...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Do you honestly think Argos are going to deliver from the UK to Dublin when there is Argos down here?[/quote]

I've since found an older post where somebody ordered from argos.co.uk site gave Irish address, paid in sterling & it was delivered from NI for €25, so turns out it can be done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 442 ✭✭random.stranger

9 Twyford Mews, Pig Lane, BISHOP'S STORTFORD, CM22 7PA

9 Twyford Mill, Pig Lane, BISHOP'S STORTFORD, CM22 7PA

There is no flat 9 but there could be
    Flat 8, Twyford Mill, Pig Lane, BISHOP'S STORTFORD, CM22 7PA

http://postcode.royalmail.com/portal/rm/addressfinder

back here stuff like
    "the green house opposite Molloy's pub" gets delivered :D
    Yes, I think you'll find that's the Irish alternative to postcodes- pubcodes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Yes, I think you'll find that's the Irish alternative to postcodes- pubcodes

Hehe:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

Squidgie wrote: »
    try recessionbustours.ie

people send stuff to their depot in Northern Ireland and they courier them around Ireland for €20 ;)

Hi all,
    A word of warning about http://www.recessionbustours.ie/, they are a complete shower of idiots and I hope you do not have the mis fortunate I did in getting mixed up with them.

I ordered a piece of furniture in Argos in the North and wanted them to deliver it to me in Dublin. Firstly, I contacted them through the contact form on their website and asked how much it would be to get said item of furniture delivered to Dublin and I was told no more then €40. I sent them the exact link from the Argos website so they had dimensions, weight etc. Delivery day came and I was then told I had to pay €60 by another person, apparently the guy that runs the show even though I had the e-mail that said €40. Apparently there are a number of people involved and differnt prices are given out....first warning sign!!

He arrived on his own with a van and my piece of living room furnitire in it, I had though he would at least have had one helper as the unit was big and in two pieces (second warning sign). With no one else in sight I had to help him bring it into my place only to discover the top part of the unit was badly damaged?? Anyhow, Argos got the blame and he agreed to take the unit back up to the North with him.

Next day I called Argos and in fairness to them they agreed to send out a replacement no questions asked. So the delivery date for the replacement is set to the following week and they will pick up the damaged top half of the unit and replace with a new one. I called yer fella and told him the deal, he re-assured me that he would be back down to deliver the replacement unit the next day after it was delivered and that he would call me beforehand.

I waited, and waited and once again waited..... and with no word from him (not even that call he promised), I decided to call. Turns out Argos came, something magical happened and once again the unit was damaged.....He was unable to tell me who signed for the unit?? There is no way in hell that Argos would come to replace a unit with a damaged one and no way they would leave the new unit without it being signed for so all I can assume is one of his incompetent staff damaged it again if in fact that is the real story??

The moral of it all is that I would never ever use these shower again and would be worried for anyone else that would, especially when it comes to furniture. I have no idea what they are like with delivering anything else but I can sure as hell tell you I won't be finding out!!

Sorry to rave but you know it does good to get these things off one's chest!!

Cheers,
    M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I presume you're out of pocket for the cost of the furniture too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

I will be to a point but compared to the price I would have paid Argos down here for the same unit I'm still OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 staengus

Has anybody had any experience of this working with Asda? They don't even have an email address on the website to contact them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭JohnOwonga

JJ wrote: »
    I've used it twice and both times it's worked.

Does that Northern Ireland postcode work still just for freebies or paid goods as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 824 ✭✭✭pbarr

This post has been deleted.

I know they deliver to Donegal from Derry but charge for it not sure how much though.

JohnOwonga wrote: »
    Does that Northern Ireland postcode work still just for freebies or paid goods as well

I've just used it for an Amazon order will post back here when/if item arrives.

Item arrived today so BT1 1AA definitely works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 924 ✭✭✭okedoke

this is a great idea. If you're buying something on ebay do you tell the seller to post it to the address even though it clearly makes no sense - because I presume they'd come back and say that address isn't in the UK?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,287 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Any seller worth his salt will only send it to the address on your paypal account

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 924 ✭✭✭okedoke

That's what I was thinking but a few posters seem to use it on ebay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,287 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

You could try changing your address on the paypal account to show the postcode. I would imagine a private seller will have problems when he goes to the post office though.

okedoke wrote: »
    this is a great idea. If you're buying something on ebay do you tell the seller to post it to the address even though it clearly makes no sense - because I presume they'd come back and say that address isn't in the UK?

I have only used it the once for Amazon and it worked but I'd like to try it a few more times before I would be confident using it. Don't think I would use it for high value items. I suppose you could try getting a friend in the UK to send letters at different times and see do they all arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭ImpossibleDuck

I'm a bit confused, would it be...

John Smith,
    House 4,
    Main Street,
    Sometown,
    Co. Wherever,
    BT11AA
    United Kingdom << or Ireland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭moonboy52

I'm a bit confused, would it be...

John Smith,
    House 4,
    Main Street,
    Sometown,
    Co. Wherever,
    BT11AA
    United Kingdom << or Ireland?

John Smith,
    House 4,
    Main Street,
    Sometown,
    BT11AA
    Co. Wherever,
    Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭ImpossibleDuck

moonboy52 wrote: »
    John Smith,
    House 4,
    Main Street,
    Sometown,
    BT11AA
    Co. Wherever,
    Ireland
    Right, thanks :D

moonboy52 wrote: »
    John Smith,
    House 4,
    Main Street,
    Sometown,
    BT11AA
    Co. Wherever,
    Ireland

OR
    John Smith,
    House 4,
    Main Street,
    Sometown,
    Co. Wherever,
    UK
    BT11AA

has worked for me also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

Ordered a cd about 2 weeks ago from HMV- should I wait another week or 10 days?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

Fingers crossed - just ordered some cheap earphones from play using my "Belfast" address.

Nate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

They arrived this morning from PLAY - took a while but it worked, good to know.

Nate

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 250 ✭✭innthe

What if you order from a grocery store suck as saintsbury in uk, would they just leave the goods at the royal mail store and they wouldnt need anyone to sign anything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭BengaLover

off topic slightly but was amazed to see sim free blackberry curves on play for 89.99 as opposed to 139.99 on vodafone website.
    Would it be a problem with the new battery regulations to order one I wonder, and has anyone bought a phone from play?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 conall122

can anyone confirm if this still works

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭N64

use parcel motel instead - there is no hoping involved that it will arrive ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 conall122

i would , but the nearest parcelmotel is an hour away from me, i would like to be able to delivery straight to my address

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭shleedance

I just use n/a as a postcode. Works fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

I can't get Amazon to accept BT11AA anymore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Locking up this thread, as its mainly about postal fraud.
    Fuzzy wrote: »
    The promotion of any illegal, including fraudulent or dishonest, activity will not be tolerated. eg- Links to ebay pyramid scams or items of an illegal nature will be deleted, and the user who posted them may be banned. This also includes any postal fraud scams, e.g. using a fake address.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement