Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

water in laptop screen

Options
  • 29-01-2016 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭

Hi folks.

Water got in to my laptop screen. It's working fine and I very rearly use this screen as I have it plugged in to a larger screen. Do you think it's safe enough to use as it is or should I get it fixed? Would it lead to problems down the road?
    Photo attached.
    cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Take it apart and dry it, it's usually just a bunch of screws around the screen, you should see them around the edges, probably little black stickers over them, never a good idea to have power running through anything with water in it, i'd clean it straight away, it's simple enough no need to remove the screen probably just the front screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Big Lar

You could try and stick into the hot press over night and see how you get on

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Espoo

Big Lar wrote: »
    You could try and stick into the hot press over night and see how you get on

Thanks lads. It's almost as good as new again. Dried up well. I took the front panel from the screen.

Advertisement