Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mad feckin dream!

• 15-03-2002 1:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭

i had a bloody MAD dream last night, i had to make sandwiches for Korn (the band) so i went to the shop and bought a few loafs of bread and ham and stuff but when i got back they were gone, so i wandered around trying to phone them and i found out they where in LA so i got on a plane and went.
    When i was there i met Marilyn manson and he said he lived next door to korn so we went back to his place and waited for them, and i went swimming in his cold swimming pool with his dog "Rodger", but then i realised that the bread and stuff had gone off so i had to go to the nearist store and get more, but when i got back there was a party on and everyone was doing Coke, it was madness.

Anyone else have any mad dreams??

bomB

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Terminator

Had a really far out dream the other night were I was sitting at a table and designing the next mario game with Shigeru Miyamoto. Then I started saying "What the hell are you thinking of that's not the way to do it"

An argument followed and Shigeru kind of disappeared from the dream.

What a complete waste - I wish I could be nicer in my dreams :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Latest dream I remember involved the pub I work in all fitting into a small caravan. I hitched it to the car, drove it to county Clare, took it through a car-wash along the way, and ended up leaving it on the edge of the cliffs of Moher.

I then drove home with 200 people in the back of the car.

(These things never seem weird when you're actually *IN* the dream.)

When I woke up I was trying to get back to sleep to see what happened next :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I dreamt I was alseep one time. woke up into another dream. serious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

i have constant dreams of light travelling through space. you know, kinda like tron bikes, but much much faster and multiple lights going in many directions. and sometimes, i end up being the light and zooming across space which freaks me out and i wake up...

adnans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

Originally posted by Bard
    When I woke up I was trying to get back to sleep to see what happened next :)

lol, thats the hardest thing to do, especially when youve just dreamt youre flying or doing intimate things with Britney, Shakira, that girl from Renault Clio ads, Buffy, Page 3 Jakki and so on.

adnans

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Irish_Ranger_IR

Originally posted by adnans
    i have constant dreams of light travelling through space. you know, kinda like tron bikes, but much much faster and multiple lights going in many directions. and sometimes, i end up being the light and zooming across space which freaks me out and i wake up...

adnans

you should turn your strob light off before going to sleep.....:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

I have fupped up dreams every nite!

Most of my dreams involve me being a being of supreme power, the earth being over run and me siting idlely by laughing at the rest of humanity as they're forced into slavery.

Eventually i come round n kick ass but weird all the same :)

---

And i'v frequenty wokein up and tryed to get back to sleep to find out what happens next.. actually some of my dreams continue nite to nite, i actually enjoy going to bed to see how the story unfolds :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Anyone ever woken up, and not been able to move?? Happens to me alot, but apparently you're still dreaming, as in dreaming you're awake in bed at that time of night and you can't move? It's fairly freaky. I physically try to wake myself up, and then start panicking

I've also dreamt I was chasing the predator through the London underground system... as if the fúcker'd be scared of me! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

ever get the dream of having your teeth fall out.
    apparently it means your coming into money.
    with my bills, i suspect theres something askew with that theory.

but ive had it a lot. in my dreams i even know im dreaming ad that my teeth arent really gone and i wake up and they are gone, and then i really wake up and its all ok, and my mummy pats my, erm, never mind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 336 ✭✭lampsie

Originally posted by Dr. Loon
    Anyone ever woken up, and not been able to move??

My brother used to have something similar, its called "Sleep Paralysis" I think. Basically, you're mind thinks you're awake, but your body hasn't quite copped on to it yet.
    [you're limbs kinda go into a paralysis during REM, to prevent you injuring yourself by thrashing around when dreaming).
    Quite a scary business, and on a sidenote, its put forward as one of the theories behind people who say they were abducted by aliens, and couldn't move. Jesus, I'm rambling...

Lamps.

• Advertisement

I had a dream, a couple of times i think, when i woke up and couldn't breath! it felt like a force was pressing down on my chest i couldn't move breath.... feck freaky and distrubing experience.

and those loosing teeth dreams, i hate those, i wake up n check to make sure they're still there :D <- phew they are!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

I sleep very little and often go without it altogether. One night I was really trying to sleep and I was so tired I started drifting in and out of consciousness and hallucinating. I was thinking things like "I wonder what time it is. I'll check on my phone." Then I'd actually think that I had reached out and grabbed my phone and was about to look at it only to realise that I had done nothing and was still just lying there and I had only "dreamt" that I picked up my phone! It was a very weird night and I haven't had that happen since but I'm still an insomniac.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Puck I get that all the time, it's so annoying :mad:

My wierdest dream was when I was felt spots on my bum and so, to inspect them further, I swiveled my arse round to have a proper look. The spots turned out to be nipples all over my bum. Needless to say I woke up in a panic making sure I was holding the normal quota of two nipples per human being.

I still have two nipples incidentally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

the wierdest dream i ever had was one spanning about 40 years in which i got married, had kids and lived a full life. The sense of loss when i woke up was indescribable.

I saw an episode of Star Trek TNG which had the same sort of plot a few years later and it brought it all back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Not the weirdest dreamer ever me, thankfully.

I do get the teeth dream, only I heard it comes from you feeling an inability to get your point across in your waking life - e.g. there's something in your life so annoying that you're literally spitting teeth trying to sort it out.

I do get spinny dreams - even when I DON'T drink... this sort of feeling that I'm bring spun around really quickly or that I'm floating. They're cooooool dreams...

(God am I really that easily amused?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭The Gopher

I once dreamt that there was serious radiation coming out of my toilet.I had to sleep in the room next to it and I was scared ****less!Thats true!
    Another time I sprang up in my sleep and roared out"F.uck off bollocks face".I dreamt i was playing football and somebody deliberately tripped me.
    Another time I dreamt I was playing golf in the garden.Som1 tried to kidnap me.I beat him to death with the club and fled to my cousins in Dublin.
    I often have a dream that Im being chased or I need to quickly get away from somewhere or face death[e.g a railway track].But when I try to run my feet are real heavy as if theres weights on them or something.
    And then theres the episodes when you go to sleep and wake up next morning feeling something moist on your leg and your hand in your boxers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

I have strange dreams sometimes, I usually only remember the ones with people I know in them though, seeing the person in the dream or thinking about them tends to bring it back to me. I don't get any dreams where I'm spinning or flying through space or anything like that, mine are usually pretty realistic.

The most disturbing dream I ever had was around christmas, I've already told some people on irc about it but I'll put it up here as well. I can't remember what happened exactly but I was disgnosed as having terminal cancer and I was given 3 months to live, it seemed to go on and on and on after that, so much so that when I woke up I didn't realise it had been a dream, and I lay there not knowing what was going on for about half an hour before I went downstairs and asked a family member if I had cancer.

I've had quite a few dreams about one girl in particular who's a friend of mine, one in particular stands out, we were on a bus kissing and then I walk down to the back of the bus, there's a man there who starts talking to me, I comment that his wife is good looking, he tells me to kiss her, I do, he kisses me, he asks me to marry [/b]him[/b] and I agree, he announces this to the rest of the bus, my friend runs off crying.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Originally posted by WhiteWashMan
    ever get the dream of having your teeth fall out.
    apparently it means your coming into money.
    with my bills, i suspect theres something askew with that theory

LOL, ya think ? :p

I had a dream one time when all my teeth started to fall out, if i touched them they all got moved all over the place... highly unpleasant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Anyone ever woken up, and not been able to move?? Happens to me alot, but apparently you're still dreaming, as in dreaming you're awake in bed at that time of night and you can't move? It's fairly freaky. I physically try to wake myself up, and then start panicking

I think its kind of a semi-state between sleep and awakeness. it seems to happen constantly to me, and sometimes you can't even breath.

or maybe i'm just ****ed up :D

Anyone ever have one of those dreams where you fall of something, wake up before you hit the ground and find that somehow you bounced bout a foot into the air?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Had one last night actually, I was either in the stone-age or in a nuke-destroyed future with my family (I think). We were trying to get away from something (life or death thing) but then we realised I had to die for them to live. Weird bit now... somebody (I think was me dad) took out a small twig. I sat down on a rock and he hammered it into the top of my skull (I agreed to it). I could actually feel the life flowing out of me.

That feeling of life seeping away has happened to me a few times before. Very calming experience actually :]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

Apparently that happens to lots of people, but I've never experienced it myself. I generally don't move when I wake up anyway, (because I'm a lazy bollocks and leave getting up until the last possible second) so I wouldn't notice. :)

When I was younger, I used to sometimes wake up and feel like the blankets were rock, sort of grating me... had a very "industrial" feeling, and then I saw daisies, and um, er. That used to happen a lot when I was ill.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Anyone know much on this dream stuff? Like the meanings of certain dreams?

If so... what does dreaming about women mean? (please no smart remarks).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Qualm

I dont think you can really put definite meanings/symbols on things that appear in your dreams. Most dreams are your consciousness talking to you, and so people will see the same thing as something very different. Basically, dreams are what you make them. Just think laterally when trying to interpret them. But, hey, im no expert.

Ive had many weird dreams. Twice Ive dreamt ive had to save the world from a monster from the film The Mummy Returns ( i ahvent even seen the film!) And once i had this dream that my mum and i were in the car and we accidentally drove off a cliff that seemed to be a mile up in th air and supported by stilts. I could feel my stomach drop out the bottom of my seat as i looked out the window and I actually thought i was going to die, and was about to tell my mam all the bad things id done in life that i hadnt told her about, but she mananged to steer back onto land and we were saved. V. strange.
    Also, many strange death fighting dreams where i wake up and something from my dream has taken the shape of something in my room. Its quite terrifying when you know uve woken up, yet the thing from your dream is still there. Until your eyes focus and u stop freaking out.
    Dreamt i set a soul sucking demon free on the world which soon ravaged everyone. That was an interesting one.

I like reading about other peoples dreams.. please do continue :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Terminator

Anyone ever woken up, and not been able to move?

Yeah I've had that a few times a year or so ago. Scarey enough as it is.

There's also a well documented, centuries-old phenomenon where you wake up with the paralysis *and* you can also see a damn ugly hag sitting on your chest looking down on you. Kinda like UFO/Abduction of our day.

Anyway this hag/paralysis thing is where the term "nightmare" orginates from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Incubus & Succubus. I think they're two demons that were thought to be the cause of Sleep Paralysis in yester-year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Ever fall asleep and get the dream that you're falling downwards at great speed as you lie horizontally... only to land and wake at the same time, feeling as if you've just hit the bed from a height (and covered in sweat... sometimes) ?

Yeah... me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭The Clown Man

I actually had this dream once where I dreamt I woke up. It was tuesday the next day I think and I had something to do. I honestly can't remember what I had to do the next day but I dreamt that I woke up and did it. It was a perfectly normal day that I dreamt and nothing upset me until I woke up and realised that I had to live the exact same day again. Which absolutely freaked me out. I thought it would be something like groundhog day but it was entirely different so no changing things ;). I went to sleep that night shítting my cacks. Yet I woke on a wednesday :). Which was comforting.

Although I have to say I never remember dreams even if I try really really hard to. The only way I can is to tell loads of people about it who then fill me in later and I remember again. After a while I get it into my long-term memory.

I told a lot of people about this one. Actually I could not shut up about it :).
    had a very "industrial" feeling, and then I saw daisies, and um, er. That used to happen a lot when I was ill.

I used to get these wierd feelings when I was sick. The docter said it sometimes happens when you have a high temperature. You hallucinate.

One thing in particular that used to happen was that I'd think the air had turned almost solid. It was like trying to breathe honey or something. It was very hard to breathe anyway. And it freaked the sheet out of me.

I also used to think the walls were bubbling sometimes.

And I always think that I've set off my alarm to find that it is still going and I have to set it off again. I hate that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 SHEILA

I have that dream of teeth falling out all the time, i wish it meant i were coming into money, but i agree that it means i cant get a point across in real life, i often feel as if I am not being heard.
    The other dream i have that bothers me is the dream that I am on the toilet and i cant use it because there are people there with me, the toilet ends up being in the center of a big room where people are walking and talking to me and around me and all i wish is that everyone would leave so i could use it. :)

Here's something that happens to me, perhaps it happens to you too...when you fall asleep during a movie do you end up dreaming that you are in that movie, i have found that because i can still hear the movie while i am sleeping , in my dream i am playing right along with the movie and wake up at the point i left off in the dream, or in the morning when my alarm clock goes off and the radio dj's are talking i wake up and go back to sleep but i am dreaming that i am in whatever situation they are talking about on the radio and wake up thinking how weird that is..i do this a lot and am usually late for work :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

I sometimes wake up with a song in my head only to tun on the radio and hear that song playing.

Does anyone else think that cheese helps to make you dream. Every time I plan on actually sleeping on a night and I would like a dream I just have some cheese and milk and I usually have really cool vivid dreams. It's really cool!

As far as I know we almost always have dreams whether we remember them or not. It's like there are two types of sleep - light sleep (I'll call it that because I don't know the proper name for it.) and REM sleep.

REM sleep is when you dream. If you wake up naturally then you first come out of REM and into light sleep and then wake up. If this happens you don't remember your dream but if you are woken up by something in the middle of REM sleep then you are woken up while dreaming and you remember your dream better.

Can't remember where I heard that so don't take it as gospel. It's just what I think. I've never claimed to be a know-it-all and since I don't sleep much I'm hardly an expert on the subject.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

One of my most memorable dream in recent times had to be from last wed night...

I was lying on a hospital bed, with all my family around me. It wasn't a private room in the hospital as I knew there was 5 other beds/patients in the room, but everything was soooo quiet. My family were the only ones whispering and it was like everyone was focusing on me, and waiting for me to do something. I just lay there quietly, and stared back at everyone else. Then my eyes started to close, and I remember hearing my mother say, "I think he's gone!". I then gathered my energy, and while my eyes were still closed told them that I was alright, and I was still there.

I woke up soon after, because my heart was beating like mad, and I had to sit up in the bed and take a couple of deep breaths to calm down. Which was strange because in the dream everything was relaxed.

;-phobos-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

I think i had a dream last night where i was driving around in a car with someone who could have been Axl Rose . I was in the village where i grew up and we were both going around looking for those yummy Cadbury's Dream Eggs. I think i was eating too much of them during Lent and the guilt invaded my subconsious.

The wierdest dream i ever had was when i murdered (in cold blood) a woman with a rock and concealed all the evidence. I woke up and was convinced for about three hours that i actually murdered someone and forgotten all about it. I was staying at a mate's, and when i told him, freaked the crap out of him..

I have this other dream all the time where I am driving someone's hot rod and no matter how hard i press the brakes the car will only slow down, not stop...it feels like i am pressing the brakes forever and scared that it wont stop and then i wake up.
    The other dream i have all the time is where I am playing sports, A different one in every dream, and i always come out the winner and people are cheering for me and I am getting awards it's a grand dream I always wake up smiling :):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

I used to have this dream over and pver when i was younger, basically myself and my nana and lots and lots of women were in a big room downstairs somewhere and there was this giant machine/robot thing wandering about the rest of the town destroying it. And it came down to the end where we stopped it by all putting our fingers into some sort of grating.

*shrug* it was odd and happened over and over.

<< Fio >>

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭n.catenthusiast

I've had several dreams of being in the nip, and no matter what I do, I can never ever get to clothes.

quite disconcerting, actually...

• Advertisement

The dreams that really get me are the ones that foretellt he future. I get those and it wierds me out totally. I have had them play out to the T. It is usually about someone dying and it always happens the day i wake up from the dream, but a few times it happened with small things, like somegirl i worked with but never spoke to cause she was new and I hadnt gotten around to it yet came in one day and told everyone she was pregnant, that morning i woke up from the exact situation in my dream...it happened just as it did in my dream, i freaked. Now I just wish I could control it. It's cool i guess. I suppose they call it preminitions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

I have boring dreams, usually, but sometimes i have interesting dreams.

I've actually tried eating lots of cheese to induce bad dreams just to see if its true.
    Its not.
    Stupid old wives tale....

Last dream i remember was of a pub and i had a hawk on my arm, that had the voice of a friend.

This other time i was in that kind of place between asleep and awake and i thought i was still asleep and was dreaming.
    I got up and made myself some rice crispies and then promptly fell face first into the bowl whilst sitting at the table...

Ice cold milk to the face sounds funny but its not.

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

Oh and try your newest dreams or recurring dreams at this site.

The thing seems to repeat itself tho...

If you're bored, Click Here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I used to have quite vivid dreams but these days I cant remember
    dreaming at all....:(

MIke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

The other night, I had this dream where I thought Andrew W.K. was good.
    That was about the most ****ed up dream I could imagine.
    (btw this actualy did happen.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

I didn't realise it til now strangely, but you're all insane!
    I have the teeth falling out dream, I also had (not a dream) a vision one time, that we were all living on Mars, but the planet was about to explode... it was in the future and I was some sort of pilot.
    I got into a sort of hover car thing and I was zooming down all these windy tunnels (sort of like wipeout) and then I burst out over a city, and there was hundreds and thousands of hover cars and people all heading to these huge spaceships to evacuate the planet.... anyway, I docked on one of these ships and looked out a window as we zoomed off into space, then Mars sort of imploded and sent huge shockwaves, making our spaceship sort of rumble about.... then I snapped out of it!! :) Mad eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

All my dreams involve falling from great heights and i swear guys i can feel the rush of falling each time it happens, its amazing to experience that!

Last friday nite i think it was had the most bizzare dream:

I was in a field and i was using my telekinetic powers to tear large chunks out or the ground, throw rocks around n stuff.

THe after messing around for a while i looked at the gaping hole in the ground n thought i should fill it back in. So now i was moving boulders around with my mind, rather unsuccessfully as they were so large.

After a while a crowd came running into the field being chased by aliens. The aliens landed their ship and got out and started shooting at people so i used my power to defend the people.

Now this is the weird bit, to escape back to our demension we had to run to the bottom corner of the field and put rabbit food into a washing machine!

Everyone couldn't go at the same time to i stayed behind to fight off the aliens. Eventually everyone got through the washing machine and we arrived in a waiting room.

THats when i woke up :)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Originally posted by Dustaz
    the wierdest dream i ever had was one spanning about 40 years in which i got married, had kids and lived a full life. The sense of loss when i woke up was indescribable.

I had a dream like that once a few years back when i was on holiday, it was a mega dream but when i woke up it was teh suck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭EL_Diablo

I once had this dream where i got up out of bed and went into the bathroom and took a p1ss and went back to bed. I thought nothing of it when i got up that morning until I went to get dressed and found a lot of wet clothes in my wardrobe.
    I also dreamt that this bloke I knew died and I thought it was real for about a week.
    btw heres some info on sleep paralysis http://www.stanford.edu/~dement/paralysis.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

That reminds me actually, years and years ago I had a dream where me and 2 other friends and my sister started up some secret club thing, as you do when you're that age (this was many years ago) and we had this stone, which had some magical properties or something, anyway it was sortof the basis for the club. I thought it was a dream for ages but then I found the stone in school on the "nature table" and asked where it had come from, turns out my sister'd brought it in, and the whole club thing actually happened (minus the magic) over the course of one afternoon and was forgotten about afterwards, don't know how I came to think it was a dream, very confusing situation to be in....

This subject in general is of great interest to me, keep the posts coming :).

Oh and slightly off-topic but does anyone else get a lot of Deja Vu? It happens me somtimes, feels like I've been in the same situation in a dream somehow, I like it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭EL_Diablo

If anyone is still interested in sleep paralysis here's more info http://www.castleofspirits.com/sleep.html

Originally posted by EL_Diablo
    If anyone is still interested in sleep paralysis here's more info http://www.castleofspirits.com/sleep.html
    Going by the description given on that site, that's exactally what happened to me!

The feeling that people were in my room, then one on them holding me down, excerting pressure on my chest. A most unpleasent experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭flyz

Originally posted by phaxx

When I was younger, I used to sometimes wake up and feel like the blankets were rock, sort of grating me... had a very "industrial" feeling, and then I saw daisies, and um, er. That used to happen a lot when I was ill.

That used to happen to me too, think it was a combination of having layers of blankets on me and being sick. As soon as I changed to having a quilt it stopped.

I remember dreaming of being shot before too, that was so real that I woke up with the pain I felt ( or thought I felt anyway )

Advertisement