Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New cycle café

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 artengo

happytramp wrote: »
    Where about's is it going to be?

He won't answer or else has not been back on boards. It's really annoying.
    Anyway best of luck with it. I look forward to watching a race and drinking coffee in there. ( if it's near me )

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭NBar

Think it's going next to this building

• Registered Users Posts: 9,137 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

NBar wrote: »
    Think it's going next to this building
    A complimentary bottle of oxygen with every coffee ordered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

Koobcam wrote: »
    The only customers you'll get during the day are full-time cyclists and people without a job-who may also be full-time cyclists, though may not have so much disposable income.

And those of us on shift work. Although you're right about the disposable income bit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

Just so it's clear from the get go, if he wants to advertise here he has to contact hello@boards.ie. Any attempt to work around this is likely to bring an automatic site ban from the administrators, not us. See the prison forum if you want to see how often it happens.

This thread is fine, feel free to go on. I'd strongly advise messaging a mod if you're unsure about posting something.

OK I am back sorry about not replying sooner
    I am not going to advertise without asking first but as it is still in the start up stage there is no point advertising yet.
    He is hoping 2---3 weeks for the initial opening coffee and outdoor seating by the way it is about 30k outside Dublin city and I know many here cycle past it on the weekends :D.
    I will be up that way tomorrow and will show him everything you all have said and will post his answers here .
    Also I have had pm,s about the location can I reply to them telling the location :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Carpenter wrote: »
    OK I am back sorry about not replying sooner
    I am not going to advertise without asking first but as it is still in the start up stage there is no point advertising yet.
    He is hoping 2---3 weeks for the initial opening coffee and outdoor seating by the way it is about 30k outside Dublin city and I know many here cycle past it on the weekends :D.
    I will be up that way tomorrow and will show him everything you all have said and will post his answers here .
    Also I have had pm,s about the location can I reply to them telling the location :p

If I was to open a cycle cafe, I'd put it at the crossroads just outside Enniskerry, where the petrol station used to be...am I close?:D

colm18 wrote: »
    If I was to open a cycle cafe, I'd put it at the crossroads just outside Enniskerry, where the petrol station used to be...am I close?:D

Hi Colm
    You would be opening in a good spot there but as you will see in a week or two that garage is re opening contact me on strava chap I have to be very careful what I put up here .

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭dermabrasion

Maybe already mentioned, but some more stuff
    ~Bike washer facility would be good. Either an air-hose or a water pressure washer (not too strong).MTB folk may like this.
    ~Somewhere to dry-off. Some way to de-layer and dry-off gloves, jackets and keep warm.
    ~Decent sinks in the jax with helmet shelf, plenty of soap and hot water and paper towels.
    ~A non-slip floor for cleats, especially in the jax.

Some weight weenies were all non-carb granole'd shoots and berries up...but.....I want chips! Belgian Friterie, Quebec Poutine, Polish Brat-worst and beer! After a hard slog on a crappy wet day, 4hrs of grinding, 2900 calories clocked on my garmin, I'm having a beer.

Maybe already mentioned, but some more stuff
    ~Bike washer facility would be good. Either an air-hose or a water pressure washer (not too strong).MTB folk may like this.
    ~Somewhere to dry-off. Some way to de-layer and dry-off gloves, jackets and keep warm.
    ~Decent sinks in the jax with helmet shelf, plenty of soap and hot water and paper towels.
    ~A non-slip floor for cleats, especially in the jax.

Some weight weenies were all non-carb granole'd shoots and berries up...but.....I want chips! Belgian Friterie, Quebec Poutine, Polish Brat-worst and beer! After a hard slog on a crappy wet day, 4hrs of grinding, 2900 calories clocked on my garmin, I'm having a beer.

A power washer will be going outside I have being told :D
    No beer sorry chap and the non slip tiles will be mentioned .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭LCD

Someone who could do minor repairs. You get your gears working while your having a coffee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thejaguar

Some place to get gloves and/or jacket dry or at least warmed up a bit would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Polish Brat-worst

Either Polish kiełbasa or German bratwurst!

Both delicious, usually :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 OldBones

Hi all
    A friend of mine is opening a new café and it is aimed @ the cycling community.
    First of all I am not here looking to advertise it (unless you want me to and am allowed) what he needs are ideas as to what we would like to see in it :D so I told him I would put it up here and you good folks might help out a little.
    Any help would be great .

Could you get Stephen Roche to work there during the off-season?

OldBones wrote: »
    Could you get Stephen Roche to work there during the off-season?

Funny you say that I was up there today and his name came up in conversation .

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Rambling Man

If you can't get the mechanic, there's some fella called Armstrong on Youtube that does videos showing how to change a tube in anger.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭omri

And after all these fancy pantsy cyclist friendly stuff - keep the prices as low as possible :D Cyclist are usualy poor - they use bicycles because they cannot afford cars = very little monies in general :)

If you can't get the mechanic, there's some fella called Armstrong on Youtube that does videos showing how to change a tube in anger.
    He dropped in a CV today nice bloke to be honest :D

Is this new cafe on the North,South or West of Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

I'm hoping North, but I would hazard a guess, that's its South.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭dermabrasion

Eamonnator wrote: »
    I'm hoping North, but I would hazard a guess, that's its South.

I'm sensing deep south, Mason-Dixon line (Wicklow border)

• Advertisement

This thread is like an Episode of 'Lost'.:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

A decent cup of tea. Loose leaf! Many coffee shops forget the tea and just have manky tea bags and a jug of milk. Won't require much effort

Nice cake too.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 artengo

Hi Colm
    You would be opening in a good spot there but as you will see in a week or two that garage is re opening contact me on strava chap I have to be very careful what I put up here .

Jesus christ I dont think you have to be that careful. Boards cycling forum is full of threads started to wish a bussiness well or thank them for good service etc. These threads have full details and website addresses.
    So will you please just let us know where the place is or Im boycotting when it does open.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭happytramp

Here Mods. Can the guy just tell us about the cafe? Can we just take it that it's not advertising and that it's something we're all interested in and have been talking about for a long time?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭omri

Here Mods. Can the guy just tell us about the cafe? Can we just take it that it's not advertising and that it's something we're all interested in and have been talking about for a long time?

Plus its not as if all of a sudden one of "us" will open "his" own place in that spot :)

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭531

Mods, where are you? If you don't answer soon I'll make a derogatory and defamatory remark about someone.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

A few points guys. Firstly, if you want mod attention, please PM us. We are volunteers, all of us have plenty to be doing both on and off Boards, so please be patient.

It looks like there'll be mutiny, so Carpenter you may post the location if you wish.

Everyone, I need you to be crystal clear about this. Stop pressuring Carpenter for details. This is a very delicate area rules-wise, and it could have serious ramifications for him. Go the prison forum if you think that people don't get banned for promoting their friend's business. I'm not trying to be a spoil-sport or anything else, I'm trying to look out for Carpenter.

Lads if I could say where it is believe me I would tell all (It is a friend that is opening it so any help can only do him good) but I have being told I cannot advertise it here .

OK pm me and I will give the location that way I am not advertising here and please keep the ideas flowing

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭lismore7

Stock some bike spares i.e. tubes, tyre levers, mini pumps, chain oil....ave an air and power hose outside..

Facility outside so bikes can be securely locked while riders are inside enjoying their carbs

Oh and a big lemon meringue pie :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭duffyshuffle

Sun cream dispenser beside the soap in the jacks to re apply then wash hands before heading back out, be nice to get sweaty cream gunk off, have coffee then re apply to cycle home

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement