Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Client that wont pay

Options
  • 03-04-2014 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭

I am sure many freelancers have come up against clients who won't pay. I am just looking for any advice as I have had this recently. I designed a logo for someone who contacted me through Facebook. I sent him some samples which he responded to fine, but then I sent him the last logo and no response for few days, then it appeared as his profile pic on his facebook page!
    Now I know I was stupid this time as I didn't watermark the image, I considered it to be a rough copy and didn't think it would be used. I have sent several emails and messages on facebook, which I know he has read, and he has not responded, just totally ignored me. He has since changed his profile pic back to his old one but the logo image is still in his photos so people can see it.
    This is a very small paying job and I am beyond caring about the money just so annoyed that he thought he could be so disgraceful in business and blatantly rip me off!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

If it's a really small amount, forget it. Not worth wasting valuable time on.

Watch Mike Monteiro's "Fuck you, pay me": http://fstoppers.com/fck-you-pay-me-a-guide-to-contracts-for-the-creative-professional

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭KonFusion

Have a contract for all future clients too (assuming there was none for this one).

• Registered Users Posts: 10 siobhand1

lmahoney79 wrote: »
    I am sure many freelancers have come up against clients who won't pay. I am just looking for any advice as I have had this recently. I designed a logo for someone who contacted me through Facebook. I sent him some samples which he responded to fine, but then I sent him the last logo and no response for few days, then it appeared as his profile pic on his facebook page!
    Now I know I was stupid this time as I didn't watermark the image, I considered it to be a rough copy and didn't think it would be used. I have sent several emails and messages on facebook, which I know he has read, and he has not responded, just totally ignored me. He has since changed his profile pic back to his old one but the logo image is still in his photos so people can see it.
    This is a very small paying job and I am beyond caring about the money just so annoyed that he thought he could be so disgraceful in business and blatantly rip me off!
    I know it's awful but that's the nature of the beast, next time you'll say sure I charge...and you can pay with a deposit via my paypal account, you'll water mark it and with the final payment you'll remove it.
    Really don't know why people do that,especially in this day and age when times are hard. ~good luck with your next project

Advertisement