Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Health and Life insurance abroad

Options
  • 27-10-2009 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭

Hey folk,
    Just wondering if anyone can help me with some information. I'm travelling abroad, the the Middle East, for a period of work. As a condition of this I need to get health and life insurance that will cover me there. Do people know if I can be covered over there on insurance from here? I'll need cover for around 6 months while I'm there. Does anyone know who will do this, how much it might cost and how long it might take to get? Any info would be appreciated.
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭broker2008

Have you presently got health insurance in Ireland ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Slice

Your Irish health insurance will cover you while abroad up to a certain value assuming you're going to be resident in Ireland for at least 180 days during the duration of your policy year. Otherwise VHI have an international health insurance product that you might want to look into instead...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭The Saint

Not insured here. I was looking at travel insurance and that seems to incorporate healtcare up to a certain time. It seems a lot cheaper too.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭broker2008

Advertisement