Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,773 ✭✭✭Jack burton

You got it!

Any issues? Feck sake, I lose out on my purchase of a machine and you swoop in with that beauty!

Plus, I call dibs on that if you ever sell it

• Registered Users Posts: 34,539 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I knew that E2 sized hole wouldnt stay empty for long!

Feckin' gorgeous.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Deadly, pinball a are awesome, the size, the noise and the smell from them is ****ing cool, if I'd space I'd have a load of them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

urbanledge wrote: »
    Right lads !
    heres a big one for ya's!
    totally random buy :D

2014-04-16+22.19.36.jpg

Im playing with the big boys now :eek:

47d9c92134daba9635fd92e639edbbac.jpeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

sure I played that as a kid, can't remember if it was Bray or Tramore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Ah man, that Tales From the Crypt pinball machine is the single coolest get I've seen on Boards! Envious!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Just ordered this from play-asia.

gyakuten-saiban-123-naruhodo-selection-347713.6.jpg

It's a compilation of the first 3 ace attorney games and has an English language option too which is always helpful. Only €30 too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

sure I played that as a kid, can't remember if it was Bray or Tramore.

I dont remember one like that existing anywhere in bray, i would say it was probably Tramore.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,536 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It's a compilation of the first 3 ace attorney games and has an English language option too which is always helpful. Only €30 too.

God Damn region locked 3DS!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,536 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just got Chocobo Collection this morning, it's a gorgeous looking collection, with Chocobo Racing, Chocobo Stallion and Dice de Chocobo and I'd say I'll succeed in playing only the first one!
    But it is a lovely thing and will look the business there, all yellow like.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,135 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Just finishing up the excellent Layton v Ace Attorney, and realised I should probably check out some of the core games featuring the good professor. Happened to spot a copy of the first game in CEX - 8 euro complete, including an unused Nintendo club card :)

Then saw a sealed copy of Spectre's call in HMV for 9.99. Was going to jump on that too but I remembered there was something dodgy about the EU version - and a quick google reminded me that Mother creator's RPG is indeed missing! Will probably stick with just the main trilogy for the moment anyway, prequels always seem like something of a cash grab to me, even though I can't imagine the Layton prequels are Episode 1 territory. That and I'll be lucky to get through three games, let alone six of the damn things!

Procured myself a copy of Zelda Oracle of Ages today, should go well with my copy of Oracle of Seasons, will probably wait for the Retron 5 to arrive and then play them on a big screen.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,863 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

One thing about the Layton games is the us versions have inferior voice acting. It's a trade off on spectres call. RPG mode or good voice acting.

You get to you local Tesco Retr0?
    Worth travelling to see if there's any games bargains?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,863 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Not yet, had more wedding business to attend to, I'll pop over tomorrow morning, although last time was a waste.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭MrVestek

The nearest Tesco to me is Ballybrack... any time there are any bargains to be had there they're sweapt up pretty quickly. Usually by that Ianobeano fella. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

MrVestek wrote: »
    The nearest Tesco to me is Ballybrack... any time there are any bargains to be had there they're sweapt up pretty quickly. Usually by that Ianobeano fella. :P

Meet him for a friendly drink to discuss Shenmue and Red Dwarf and then when he has his gurad lowered threaten him with having to play all the sonic adventures on dreamcast and gamecube - in fact all the versions and copies of it across all platforms - if he doesn't stop hoovering up the good gets from Tesco.
    If he turns out to be Ciderman in disguise swap in Streets of Rage and Goldenaxe.

If it turns out to be in fact a man cosplaying a some female Japanese videogame character, just assume it's Retro and threaten him with Legend of the Dragoon in 50hz.

If it's a guy with two pints in front of him and hogging two stools, assume it Steve Si and threaten to take all his doubles and tell him the FZ-10 looks far superior to the clunky FZ-1.

If it's a wizard threaten him with a new updated smartphone.

If it's a women and not Retro in disguise it likely Sera and threaten o smudge up the screens on all her handhelds.

If it's a drunken lout updating his status or posting on boards it likely Atavan and just take his pokeball or pokedex.

If the bloke starts to talk about Boulder Dash, just run.

Effing Streets of Rage and Goldenaxe, fecking pants sh1te they are

Tokyo Road Race doesn't want to be read by the TEST PS2.
    Other CD-Rom based PS2 games work fine though.
    I'll have to try it on the PS2 Slim to see if it just means the TEST needs a new laser or something.
    They're easy to source and replace, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Ianobeano

MrVestek wrote: »

HEY !!!! I'd be insulted if that wasn't usually true....;)
    OwaynOTT wrote: »
    If the bloke starts to talk about Boulder Dash, just run.

Jesus no need fer that !!! :eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Jelly!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I think I remember seeing pics of that not too long ago, showing the changes to the graphics. They've really done a nice job on them, rather than a straight port.
    http://www.siliconera.com/2014/03/20/see-ace-attorney-123s-graphics-3ds-look-compared-gba-nintendo-ds/

Thanks for the reminder, had completely forgotten about this!! playing far too much project diva 2 atm

Today's tesco bargains

4BE5FC81-9BC5-4B34-8715-8600F8D21FAE_zpstjiqhz2a.jpg

A6EE6652-7EE0-432D-852C-A1ABD12175A8_zpssjxsjelz.jpg

I just returned the psp I got as I didn't really need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Today's tesco bargains

I just returned the psp I got as I didn't really need it.

Nutgtove? Was there anything decent left?!

Nutgtove? Was there anything decent left?!

Nutgrove and dundrum. Nutgrove still had mario karts, skylanders and 1 copy of pokepark 2 marked as full price but scanning at 5. I took all the last stories :o but have them up for grabs if anyone wants.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,773 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Can I have a last story?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    ...just means the TEST needs a new laser or something.
    They're easy to source and replace, right?

If its the laser that needs replacing, yup its straight forward. Already did it with my TEST console before I lent it to you (and then got it back)

got a couple of games in Stillorgan for a fiver each, Yakuza 4 & Monster Hunter Tri.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Looks like I finally beat Ianobeano to Ballybrack. Nothing amazgin there but I picked up this lot for the grand total of €23. Not to be sniffed at.

All titles that I've been meaning to get around to playing to.

303781.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement