Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TT Wheel advice wanted

• 16-04-2014 9:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭

Hi Folks,
    I've been offered a mint 3yr old zipp 1080 front wheel for my TT bike for under €300 including a new zipp tub. I hand a rear disc wheel already and use a cosmic sle on the front presently. Basically I'm wondering if this wheel is good value and also is it too deep?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

How deep is too deep? How long is a piece of string? Why don't you try the wheel out and see how you get on. If you find it hard to control in the wind then think about declining but also remember that use will bring more confidence and ability.

If you are using a full disc and not having issues then will the front make that much of a difference to whatever one you have now in terms of your ability to handle the bike?

Value wise, if it's mint, it seems good to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,163 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

If you think you will struggle handling the 1080 I have 2 front 808s (long story). Id swap one for a 1080 if it was the tubular version. Just to have something different in the collection.

I can handle the 808 in almost all conditions. . Havent tried a 1080 yet but hear that they are obviously a bit more of a wheel for the much calmer days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭Smalltom

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    How deep is too deep? How long is a piece of string? Why don't you try the wheel out and see how you get on. If you find it hard to control in the wind then think about declining but also remember that use will bring more confidence and ability.

If you are using a full disc and not having issues then will the front make that much of a difference to whatever one you have now in terms of your ability to handle the bike?

Value wise, if it's mint, it seems good to me.

Good idea re trying it out if seller is amenable to it alright. If nothing else I will get to hear the 'whoosh whoosh' sound which guaranteed increased speed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭Smalltom

Quigs Snr wrote: »
    If you think you will struggle handling the 1080 I have 2 front 808s (long story). Id swap one for a 1080 if it was the tubular version. Just to have something different in the collection.

I can handle the 808 in almost all conditions. . Havent tried a 1080 yet but hear that they are obviously a bit more of a wheel for the much calmer days.

PM sent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Smalltom wrote: »
    Good idea re trying it out if seller is amenable to it alright. If nothing else I will get to hear the 'whoosh whoosh' sound which guaranteed increased speed!

You can't beat the whoosh! I used my carbones today for the first time in ages. On quiet NCD country roads it's great!

• Advertisement
Advertisement