Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

how much are Snap printing charging for their responsive websites?

Options
  • 22-06-2013 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

How much are Snap printing charging for their responsive websites? I know I can contact them for a quote but I dont really want a pushy salesman contacting me when I'm only just wondering. Cheers.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭KonFusion

Bout three fiddy

...Or more accurately, I believe they start at 799 (according to an image here.) However, for what it's worth, I'd strongly advise against using Snap, though that's just my 2c.

Their lack of example work anywhere to be seen should ring alarm bells.

However, I guess I'm completely biased, though I'm sure any others here would share my view :)

I've heard that it's a cookie cutter approach. Pick a template, supply your page text and images, "no the site can't do that, but you don't need it", pay up, goodbye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

from experience they outsource the work to third parties

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Aine Philip

Better is to got to experts in this fields, I think they outsource their max work ( even Printing is their main business, they outsource that too).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Better is to got to experts in this fields, I think they outsource their max work ( even Printing is their main business, they outsource that too).

Did they do your site?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Aine Philip

Did they do your site?

not mine, but one of my friends in past got a website from them, and later he had to go to other guys for a better option.

But I may b totally wrong and they can provide a great website, but i said on my exp.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 3sixty

Websites are all outsourced along with most other things. Very expensive for what you get as well.

Snap are very expensive for everything anybody that uses them would want to have their head examined really...sorry back to the point yes get someone to design a proper website for you that you will not regret.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

I actually know of someone who got a website designed by them a while back, not a CMS one, was very pricey and looks awful being honest. Very dated, image rollover menus! And product keywords blurb included in an image rather than a overlaying div. It isn't responsive either afaik. Looked like something put together in wix tbh, in saying that though, that is one experience, that may not reflect on their current websites being built. It was either Snap or Reads but think it was Snap that did it they told me

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭VEN

3sixty wrote: »
    Websites are all outsourced along with most other things. Very expensive for what you get as well.

Snap are very expensive for everything anybody that uses them would want to have their head examined really...sorry back to the point yes get someone to design a proper website for you that you will not regret.

they are indeed, the problem too is the name, it suggest speed so clients go there expecting that = fast, cheap and cheerful. they just want your money, they don't understand design nor care for it. and the value it should bring to business, marketing and sales is one thing but design is another. web design should be carried out by designers first and foremost, good design that is. user experience, bullet proof typography, clean code, make your viewers have an easy ride and come back to enjoy it again and again. the seo, babble, analytics comes second.

they're flogging the 'responsive' thing now, i'd say they will be sweet.

this old chestnut "ah sure most business people won't notice it", i guarantee you, subconsciously the user experience is there and that is rated! thats when they say good design is invisible, its just... there! you don't notice the mistakes cos there aren't any, it reads well, the user does not get tired cos its designed well. everything is in the right place, at the right size, in the right colour.
    Good web designers know these tricks.

You'd be better off going to places like pixpa.com, several others or just use a wordpress theme if you're low on funds, theres some really good ones at least the design would be a massive improvement

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 388 ✭✭Atomico

Any amount is too much. Steer well clear. You just know the Snap guys went something like this - 'hey we need to get a slice of this internet / web design pie. Let's charge people who don't know how much a website should cost as much as possible and get them in and out the door as quickly as possible'.

A website is and should be a business investment, do your research and choose carefully if you want to make the right one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement