Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mallow:cast iron

• 19-06-2013 1:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭

What are these bits? Colomns and girders. Could be water colomns and turntable?

2uqf6n4.jpg351i8me.jpgavszeg.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭GBOA

I would say the posts almost certainly come from this

http://www.flickr.com/photos/be216cd1/5589370920/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

yes you well be right, had forgotten that

theres a wooden box full of cogs too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭CaptainSkidmark

did they take down the water tower when they built the new road there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

They must have done so. It's not where it used to be anymore!

Did they scrap the tank then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭GBOA

According to the photo caption, it was removed in June 2011.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

Is the crane still there??

pictures taken yesterday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

Rud wrote: »
    Is the crane still there??

Yes, it was moved, painted up, stuffed and mounted around the time the new car park was put in. Used be a lot closer to the site of the loco shed, it was part of the collection of the defunct GSRPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 mp171

Those columns are from the now demolished loco shed that made way for the car park. They didn't come from the water tower.

mp171 wrote: »
    Those columns are from the now demolished loco shed that made way for the car park. They didn't come from the water tower.

i don't think so. If you look at the pictures and compare them to the standing water tower, you can see that the bracing struts are still attached

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 mp171

Was there 5 years ago when the columns from the shed were wrapped up and there are no additional piles of cast iron and I was there last night (with work) and those are the ones from the shed. Apparently all the cast iron from the water tower was taken away by the contractors .

i'm not convinced I'm afraid. I don't recall the loco shed being made out of cast iron colomns with cross bracing...happy to be corrected though if anyone has photos or similar

Advertisement