Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fetac award

Options
  • 25-06-2014 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Can someone please advise me. My son received 1 distinction 5 merits and 2 passes on a level 6 fetac networks and software systems. He has applied for a level 8 first choice computer science in ITT and level 7 as second choice....does anyone know roughly What's the entry criteria .... Website just gives you leaving cert info

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭macrubicon

Hi,

Am I right in guessing he is a direct applicant and not through the CAO system?

If so - I can't see those results being an impediment but it may be a while before he hears back. Direct applicants are taken in just before the CAO process kicks off in late July / early August.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TheReverend

marion121 wrote: »
    Can someone please advise me. My son received 1 distinction 5 merits and 2 passes on a level 6 fetac networks and software systems. He has applied for a level 8 first choice computer science in ITT and level 7 as second choice....does anyone know roughly What's the entry criteria .... Website just gives you leaving cert info

I got in on same award back a few years ago.

If he has applied through the CAO you can calculate his points using the pdf below;

http://www2.cao.ie/fetac/FETAC_scoring.pdf

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 marion121

macrubicon wrote: »
    Hi,

Am I right in guessing he is a direct applicant and not through the CAO system?

If so - I can't see those results being an impediment but it may be a while before he hears back. Direct applicants are taken in just before the CAO process kicks off in late July / early August.

hi thanks for the reply he has applied through the cao its just so confusing !!!

Advertisement