Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Need an Engineer to fix vbulletin issue

Options
  • 26-03-2013 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭

Guys,

I am having some issues with my Vbulletin forum. Tables have mysteriously gone missing and need to be recreated.

Can you guys point me in the right direction and approx costs for such a job?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Tables have disappeared from your database?? Which ones and how?

Have you a backup?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

I am aware of the following tables missing

MySQL Error : Table 'test_theforums4.vbcredits_transaction' doesn't exist
    Error Number : 1146

also missing:

vbsearchlog
    vbcontenttype
    vsession

How, I have no idea. The mysql server restarted itself constantly for a few days. Once that was fixed the missing table emails flooded my inbox.

Finding out now RE the backup

Waiting to hear back. In the meantime.

Can these table be recreated without a back up?

My hosting company attempted to restore from a backup but that failed. They said that the backup was corrupted.

Any suggestions / advice?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Have you taken a backup of what's left of your VBulletin database?

If you have, it might be worth trying:
    backup the database
    a clean install of vBulletin (the same version as the current site)
    clearing the database from the new install
    restore the database from the backup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭OneIdea

T-K-O wrote: »
    Waiting to hear back. In the meantime.

Can these table be recreated without a back up?

yes these two are just addons...

vbCredits -> http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=151924
    Search log - > http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=114166

.. read download and install again following the instructions etc...

I don't know what vsession is, for either of the addons visit your control panel and plugin manager, it should list these with a version or full name etc.. which will help identify it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Media999

If the tables are related to a plugin reinstalling said plugin works 99% of the time. You may lose some info depending on the table.

For example members credits may be reduced to 0.

This can happen when server crashes and tables get stuck "in use". Not sure exactly what it means but MYSQL tries to repair the tables which can make it worse.

Usually it means the table is too big. My suggestion is getting rid of vbcredits or reducing its footprint by disabling certain features.

go to admin panel and bottom right youll see "scheduled tasks". There might be a cronjob in there for vbcredits that runs every 15 mins. It might just be way too much for the server which has to crash. change that to every 24 hours if its not important.

Advertisement