Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back Pain ????

Options
  • 15-01-2011 12:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭

ok here goes

last sunday i was out having dinner and i had what i can describe as a creak in the neck pain , you know when you have one you have to move your body around and not your neck so it doesnt hurt you ??

well i felt that at the base of my neck , when i turned my head left or right i felt sore in my upper back , and also when i left i head rest down on my chin

all week ive been feeling it on my upper back , it has since faded a bit , but since then im always adjusting myself when i sit down ie constantly moving to try get comfy

now im a panic attack sufferer the past 12 years , well was one , im getting over it , but a hypochondriac , and keep thinking its my heart ( mad i know ) reason i think that is , my dad had a heart attack 5 years ago and thought it was just trapped wind between his shoulder blades , so now im convincing myself its my heart

it doesnt hurt either side when i breath , but i find myself taking really deep breaths , and now i get a slight tightness in my chest now and then

im a guy of 30 and 20stone and 6"2

reasonably fit as i run 3 x 5km a week and cycle etc

i know people on here can't diagnose problems , im just looking for opinions

oh and i just became a father yesterday for first time , so im tense and scared etc

just tell me im being an ejit , as i think of something and my mind runs away with it and worries me

ive always had a sore back over the years due to bad posture and bad core , so im putting this pain down to the way i slept that night

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Go see a doctor if you are concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭namelessguy

Chiropractor?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Could be a lot of things tbh. Trapped nerve, muscle damage, irritation of previously existing scare tissue. You're probably best to see a doctor or perhaps a chiropractor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

just tell me im being an ejit , as i think of something and my mind runs away with it and worries me

I would tell you that you're being an eejit, but that's the answer you want to hear and it's not the answer you need to hear.

Firstly, if your back is in bits, go and see your GP. They are professional people & usually pretty sound. Tell him / her about your back pains & your anxieties about inheriting your Dad's health problems & ask them for advice.

They will tell you straight up what you need to know.

Secondly, if you are 20 stone, you aren't reasonably fit unless you are a brick wall of muscles. But seeing as you only excercise moderately, I seriously doubt this is the case.

Again, your GP should be able to give you some advice here.

Thirdly - congratulations on the new baby! I'm sure you're both overjoyed & stressed out about this in equal measures.. that's perfectly normal, so don't worry about that.

And lastly... you need to invest a bit of time in yourself. The first thing to do & the most important thing, is to get a medical check up - for your back, your weight & your constant stressing about all things medical.

Once you hear it straight up, you'll know exactly what you have to worry about (if anything) & what you don't.

And then, you'll be able to concentrate on other things & not stuff that you are imagining in your own head. Imagination is a great thing, but sometimes, when left unchecked, it can be your worst enemy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭EverEvolving

Have you had a panic attack recently or done something where you were in the same position for a long time without realising (Lock jaw...?), slept in a drafty area or lifted something irregular? Things like that can cause muscle strain without you realising it at the time.

You have propably been under a bit of pressure recently with the new birth - congratulations on that! - maybe you have been using different muscles than previously? It's Friday night now so any muscle strain from last Sunday should have subsided considerably by now.

Best get a professional opinion but think back to see if you have done anything out of the ordinary that may have caused it and give the doc a headstart.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

See your doctor. We can't give any form of medical advice here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement