Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

TA312

Options
  • 21-08-2014 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I got an offer for this level 7 course through the CAO and cant decide between this course and BN104, im also abit worried about the maths aspect of the course as it is not my strongest topic, I also have no experience of programming and writing code

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Be aware if you complete the Level 7 you can continue and do the Level 8.

All Computing courses in colleges have maths, if you can deal with numbers, ok with Leaving Cert maths and aren't afraid to learn you'll be fine.

Most people going into my course 4 years ago had no programming experience, you're there to learn it.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭QuantumP

You're not expected to have programming experience before you start so don't worry about that. As for the maths, if you're focused and dedicated enough you'll get through it. Make sure you're willing to work!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭rog871

The maths lecturers for computing are very good and there are maths workshops afaik.

You also have the option at the end of first year to stick with Computing or swap over to IT Management.

Advertisement