Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Military War Museum

Options
  • 05-08-2014 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭

Anyone been to it yet? I see it's not long open and just outside Collon. I will probably head up to it in the near future.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭joolsveer

I went to see the museum yesterday (Sunday). It was easy to find following the instructions on the website. It is small but well laid out. I don't know what their plans for the future are but maybe they could use some of the surroundings for expansion. The owner was on site and he and his assistant were very friendly and helpful about the origins of the equipment. I gathered from him that he bought some materiél in Finland. I took some photos that I will try to post. Visitors may handle some of the rifles exhibited.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭joolsveer

!o36340CE1!-_MG_0206.jpg

!o36341031!-_MG_0259.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭haminka

Went there in July and they were talking about expanding, building some trenches etc. They are planning a WW1 Experience in September where they will be talking about life of soldiers during the WW1.
    I found the museum really good and informative, they also have some goats and horses, which can be fed and a nice playground. Overall, we had a nice day there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

haminka wrote: »
    Went there in July and they were talking about expanding, building some trenches etc. They are planning a WW1 Experience in September where they will be talking about life of soldiers during the WW1.
    I found the museum really good and informative, they also have some goats and horses, which can be fed and a nice playground. Overall, we had a nice day there.

On the website it mentions zorbing, ziplining, clay pigeon shooting etc.... but there are no prices? Does anyone know anything about these activities?

Advertisement