Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Scrapping a UK reg car in Ireland?

Options
  • 15-07-2012 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

I brought a UK car back to Ireland about 4 years ago. It has been lying up for about four years now. It wasn't worth a lot of money and i never got around to changing it over to Irish plates, and now it isn't worth doing as i have had it home too long.
    I never changed the address for it to my Irish address or declared it off the road. No doubt it now has a few fines after being delivered in my name to the last UK address I lived at.
    So I want to scrap it, i have had some offers of people to take it off my hands to use if for parts.

Can i scrap it here as it is a UK reg?

I just want to wipe my hands clean of it and would gladly sell it to someone for parts but I don't want to pay some fines from the UK for not declaring it off the road if i can avoid them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Hayesk

Hi did you get any answer to this. I'm in the same situation

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭shooter88

Out of interest what cars have yous?..there is no problem scrapping cars even if UK reg..
    Ring your local *licensed* metal recycling yard(not a mate of a mate) they will collect car and you will be given a letter to state the car is been sent for recycling..
    They might ask for any docs you have belonged to car

Advertisement