Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

...car search websites - search parameter by CO2 band....

Options
  • 22-02-2013 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭

....because the S.O. has a particular Motor Tax Bee in her bonnet, and the Mrs Gtt-mobile being a serial offender (€951), she has the left mouse button on her netbook worn out searching for something more celubrious, yet more economical - and cheaper to tax, simultaneously.............. :rolleyes:

....and then roped me into it as well........it got me to thinking: given that emissions taxation is such a decider for a lot of people - why isn't that a search field on the various car websites ?

I mean, we can search by engine size, transmission, year, yada, yada, yada......but wouldn't a search by CO2 emissions box by useful (and to avoid when the govt move the goalposts again, next... :rolleyes: ), just, say,....up to 100g/km, 100-120, 120-140........and so on.

Then you'd have a site telling you which car fits your bill (sic :D), rather than the other way around, where you have to interpret and do look-ups on a myriad of things it throws up in a conventional search ?

Anyone else think it would be a good idea ? (and involve a lot less Solpadeine... :o )

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

It's a good idea, but considering the primary website used these days would be donedeal which relies mostly on what the person puts in the Ad for any info at all, it's a tiny problem.

I've never actually seen a better website for car sales than http://www.cargiant.co.uk/ - Simple to use, nice neutral colour scheme, excellent search functionality and in every ad you have key features, performance specs, dimensions, interior/exterior features and safety features.

http://www.cargiant.co.uk/search/details-580691.asp?viewtype=0

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Yeah, as said above I can only imagine the amount of ad whoring you'd get by people filling in the CO2 information with either all of the options, or else things like "TYPER, SCOOBY, EVO" etc...

It's a good idea, but very tricky to implement properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Thatnastyboy

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Its easy to make a search for that:

Select cars with no driving enjoyment with a diesel engine and press results :)

1000 cars have been found, 999 of them have low capacity diesel engines and look like a fridge.

I'll take 2 please,

one for the commute and a Vrs for "fun" at the weekends

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

It's a good idea, but considering the primary website used these days would be donedeal which relies mostly on what the person puts in the Ad for any info at all, it's a tiny problem.

I've never actually seen a better website for car sales than http://www.cargiant.co.uk/ - Simple to use, nice neutral colour scheme, excellent search functionality and in every ad you have key features, performance specs, dimensions, interior/exterior features and safety features.

http://www.cargiant.co.uk/search/details-580691.asp?viewtype=0

Just had a look: actually, that is a lovely search...........engine.....(sic) :P

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭rocky

So you're looking for a 2008+ car? What's the max tax you're willing to pay?

• Advertisement
Advertisement