Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Roadworks on Tulla Road

• 01-10-2015 10:11am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭

Anyone know how long these works are gonna take on the Tulla Road. Typical of this country they wait until schools starts up to start the work. Its adding 25 mins somedays to my morning as the Tulla Road is unavoidable.

If I was a business owner there like Fitzpatricks or the Four Seasons I'd be absolutely livid. There seems to be no plan to with regards to traffic coming from Cappahard or Oakleigh wood and as a result its dog eat dog. Coming from Tulla side in the morning you can expect to be stopping and starting at least 8 times.

Rumours abound that they will soon be closing the road from the bridge to the Pine Shop roundabout which will be chaos, especially for the arterial routes around the Quin road which will be insane now.

Not blaming the workers but the planners. Rant over.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 395 ✭✭Carazy

golfball37 wrote: »
    Anyone know how long these works are gonna take on the Tulla Road. Typical of this country they wait until schools starts up to start the work. Its adding 25 mins somedays to my morning as the Tulla Road is unavoidable.

If I was a business owner there like Fitzpatricks or the Four Seasons I'd be absolutely livid. There seems to be no plan to with regards to traffic coming from Cappahard or Oakleigh wood and as a result its dog eat dog. Coming from Tulla side in the morning you can expect to be stopping and starting at least 8 times.

Rumours abound that they will soon be closing the road from the bridge to the Pine Shop roundabout which will be chaos, especially for the arterial routes around the Quin road which will be insane now.

Not rumours it's all on the clare co co website.
    They update it with details on time and regularly compared to Galway council roads department which put zero information on their website and if delays expected they just tip off the AA. At least with clare co co I can Google to see when roadworks will start/end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭Deagol

There's LED signs on the M18 motorway both directions and the Clare CO Council website lists all the proposed roadworks and closures!

I can never understand why the default for so many people is to come on a site like boards and ask other people to google information for them when they could easily get that information themselves?!:confused::confused::confused:

And yes OP, the Tulla Road is going to be closed completely to do some of the work. But I'll let you find the precise information yourself as it looks like you need the practise :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭golfball37

Deagol wrote: »
    There's LED signs on the M18 motorway both directions and the Clare CO Council website lists all the proposed roadworks and closures!

I can never understand why the default for so many people is to come on a site like boards and ask other people to google information for them when they could easily get that information themselves?!:confused::confused::confused:

And yes OP, the Tulla Road is going to be closed completely to do some of the work. But I'll let you find the precise information yourself as it looks like you need the practise :P

I didn't ask anyone to google anything- I just wanted to have a rant :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭Deagol

I didn't ask anyone to google anything- I just wanted to have a rant :)

If you want to figure out a way round the roadworks, I can recommend google earth / maps. I've found some very handy little long shortcuts recently ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,006 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Google Maps is extremely handy as well, they usually have live traffic updates on it so it'll automatically bring you around obstacles

• Advertisement
Advertisement