Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone help me?

Options
  • 28-09-2015 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

I have been offered a job in the Cliffs of Moher visitor centre. I am not from the area and I need to find somewhere to rent or stay. From calling estate agents there seems to be a shortage of rental properties. To make things more difficult, I don't have a car atm. Would anyone know of anywhere available? Also is the walk from Liscannor to the cliffs easy or difficult/dangerous?

Regards,
    FD

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Deagol

Can't help with the rental but, Liscannor is 4km or so from the Cliffs. 45 minute walk up a ~170metre hill :eek:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Walking that isn't a viable option imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Think you need to get a bike.
    Are you looking for a house/apartment or a room in a houseshare? There's 3 properties for rent in Liscannor on daft.ie, and there is a bus service between Liscannor and the Cliffs around 11am and another in the evening (takes 10 minutes) but you would need to check whether that's a seasonal service.
    If I were you I'd have a word with your new boss/manager and find out if there's anyone working there right now that has a room available for rent, or indeed someone who has been working there for the summer and just finished their contract whose room you could jump in on! Also worth asking if there's anone working the same shifts as you who lives in Liscannor/Doolin/Lahinch/Ennistymon/Lisdoonvarna who might be open to giving you a lift to and from work, particularly on days when walking or cycling wouldn't be an option weatherwise.
    If you want to drop me a PM I can talk to some people I know in the Doolin area that might have a room to rent in a houseshare, or who might know somewhere suitable for you.
    Other than that, it would be worth putting up a little 'room wanted' sign in the filling station in Doolin and maybe a few places around Liscannor.

Advertisement