Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

River fishing for pike?

Options
  • 26-09-2015 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

does anyone know any good rivers for pike fishing in clare i've tried a bit of lake fishing from the shore without much success and i can't swim so i'm reluctent to go out on a boat. So I was hoping someone might know of a few rivers around that have been known to have pike in them.Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Lough Derg (Killaloe/O'Briensbridge)

http://www.fishinginireland.info/pike/shannon.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,728 ✭✭✭dmc17

mullanp wrote: »
    does anyone know any good rivers for pike fishing in clare i've tried a bit of lake fishing from the shore without much success and i can't swim so i'm reluctent to go out on a boat. So I was hoping someone might know of a few rivers around that have been known to have pike in them.Thanks.

You might get a few suggestions in the Angling Forum also

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ciaranbarry94

I know you said river, but you should try Doon lake by Tulla for pike fishing, mixed bright colours are good for this time of year instead of silver or bronze spoons.There is a place close by that rents boats for 60 euro for the day.

Advertisement