Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I unroot my htc

Options
  • 11-07-2012 8:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭

Hi guys I wonder can anyone help me I bought a htc sensation on adverts

And think the phone is rooted I did a root check and it says rooted .

What I need to know is can this be unrooted back to factory settings ?

I read on tinternet the if you update to ics when phone is rooted it fkus up the phone .

Now I no nothing about android phones so if anyone could help it would be great .

Ps if it can be done where could I get it done and is it dear ?

Thanks in advance guys .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Mr Man

Yeah you can unroot your phone - see http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=28837303#post28837303.

In saying that, nearly always, the only reason why you would need to do this is to return the phone for warranty reasons.

Is the phone not ICS already? Seems quite strange that someone would root a phone and sell it without ICS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭blinkey 101

Mr Man wrote: »
    Yeah you can unroot your phone - see http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=28837303#post28837303.

In saying that, nearly always, the only reason why you would need to do this is to return the phone for warranty reasons.

Is the phone not ICS already? Seems quite strange that someone would root a phone and sell it without ICS.[/Quote

Yea that did cross my mind why they never updated to ics . I bought the phone not knowing it was rooted .

The phone is s-off
    I did a root check and it had root access.

I did an un root with an app I found in market .

Advertisement