Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any Android Phone support 64GB Storage?

• 17-04-2011 10:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,459 ✭✭✭

Currently have an iPhone, and until recently an iPod as well, which has bitten the dust.

I miss being able to have all my music to hand when I'm out and about. My Library currently has 55GB of music. Is there any android phone which can hold this much?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.audiogalaxy&feature=search_result

I have my 130GB of music with me always :D
    Uses data though, not sure if you're happy with that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,459 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Audiogalaxy, there's a blast from the past!

Not too crazy about the data usage though. I travel abroad a fair bit, and that's actually when I listen to music the most. There are 64gb SD cards, but evidentally not Micro SD cards. Do any android phones use SD cards or have two Micro SD slots?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

OP, theres meant to to be a 32gb version of the new samsung galaxy s2 coming out. That loaded with another extra 32gb micro sd card should be just about able to handle your monster music collection!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

Zonda999 wrote: »
    OP, theres meant to to be a 32gb version of the new samsung galaxy s2 coming out. That loaded with another extra 32gb micro sd card should be just about able to handle your monster music collection!
    There's a lot of doubt been cast on that rumour recently, I wouldn't rely on it.

I'd say go with streaming services or consider converting your music to eAAC+.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Breezer wrote: »
    There's a lot of doubt been cast on that rumour recently, I wouldn't rely on it.

I'd say go with streaming services or consider converting your music to eAAC+.
    Yeah shame if it were not to come, no official word on it yet, i dont think anyway. I imagine if it does come, it wont be here the same time as the 16gb, probably a few months later

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭bd250110

So is the SGSII going to have in-build flash storage AND Micro SD support? Wow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

bd250110 wrote: »
    So is the SGSII going to have in-build flash storage AND Micro SD support? Wow!
    Yep. The original Galaxy S did too.

http://www.zdnet.co.uk/blogs/tech-tech-boom-10017860/kingmax-raises-microsd-storage-to-64gb-10022555/

So, 64GB MicroSD cards are coming soon. It says that not every phone supports that. Does anyone know which phones would?

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭robz18

no phones support them at the moment as far as i know. those cards are going to be real expensive when they come out too :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

Just get two 32gb cards, keep one in your wallet and get a phone that allows them to be swapped without having to remove the battery (I think the sensation supports that).

You'd still have all you music on hand and it wouldn't really be that much of an inconvenience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21 TheBoo!

I would love to know if anyone knows which 32gb micro sd does actually work in the S2 Gt-I9100? I bought one but it was obviously the wrong type and can't really find reliable info as to which one works.
    I would really love to put a 64gb into the phone, as I really want to have a **** hot music collection on my phone :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Hurricane Carter

Just use Google Music (now Google Play).

There's a few threads on it in the Android forum.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

How does Google Music help you store 64GB on an SD card?

Zonda999 wrote: »

If anyone's curious, this is the option I ended up going with.

Of course my music collection is now 70gb, so I still can't fit it all. Ah well... Are there any phones which support 128gb?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

TheBoo! wrote: »
    I would love to know if anyone knows which 32gb micro sd does actually work in the S2 Gt-I9100? I bought one but it was obviously the wrong type and can't really find reliable info as to which one works.
    I would really love to put a 64gb into the phone, as I really want to have a **** hot music collection on my phone :-(
    How did in not work? Did you let the phone format it first?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

I have a 32gb one in my Galaxy S so your S2 should have no problem, where did you get the memory card? Some fake ones out there on auction sites which report well above the real capacity and obviously start causing issues during use..

Nick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21 TheBoo!

Hi Nick,
    I think I bought a fake one to be honest because when I checked the capacity it said it only had 30.1gb of it's supposed 32gb. I've only been offfered a partial refund also.
    Which make would you recommend? And does it matter if it's sdHC or should it only be purely an sd?

Thanks for your reply :-)

Grainne

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

I love my Samsung galaxy s3 cause it supports 64gb MicroSD Cards.

The reason i switched from iphone to android was for this reason.

Great to be able to put my 60gb of music on my phone and still have the 16gb phone storage for Apps & Games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Most of them will. I had a 64gb in a Galaxy Europa for a while!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Hi Nick,
    I think I bought a fake one to be honest because when I checked the capacity it said it only had 30.1gb of it's supposed 32gb. I've only been offfered a partial refund also.
    Which make would you recommend? And does it matter if it's sdHC or should it only be purely an sd?

Grainne

Is that not normal ?
    Same as 1gb of storage isn't really 1tb but rather 9xxgb >?
    All to do with bytes etc ?

My 32gb in my S1 shows 29.71GB total space for example.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

Hi Nick,

Grainne

I have already used this one. A class 10 sdhc, works a treat :) Though I will go for a 64gb next time
    http://www.mymemory.co.uk/Micro-SDHC/Lexar/Lexar-32GB-Micro-SD-Card-%28SDHC%29---Class-10-%2B-USB-Card-Reader

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Hi Nick,

Grainne

That is normal to be displayed due to formatted capcity and file system reservations. Using H2testw you can accurately find out how much flash memory is on the stick,

Nick

Advertisement