Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin to Ballybunnion (Kerry) Tomorow 5pm

• 29-05-2008 10:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭

Ill be departing Dublin (Santry) and going to Kerry tomorrow at 5pm (mad i know) . I know traffic is going to be cat, would 11pm be a good eta for Ballybunnion?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Colm R

Should be.

Bottlenecks will be the M50 toll bridge.

Red Cow might be ok, depending on the set up. I haven't been there for a while. Last time I was there, it takes a while to get onto the Nass Road coming from the North. It might even be faster to go past it, and come back up from the next exit south.

Newlands Cross is touch and go.

The start of the M7 to the exit of the M9 is always moving but slow.

Mountrath, will have a tail back but you'll get through.

Limerick should be fine, except you need to make your way over to the N69 dock road from the end of the Limerick bypass.

After that, Foynes can have some bad traffic, and Tarbert is frustratingly slow.

All in all, you should be down in time for last orders and then some.

*Disclaimer. Don't hold me responsible if it all goes pear shaped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,490 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Colm R wrote: »
    Red Cow might be ok, depending on the set up. I haven't been there for a while. Last time I was there, it takes a while to get onto the Nass Road coming from the North. It might even be faster to go past it, and come back up from the next exit south.
    You have to go south to Ballymount and double back, I don't know how bad it is traffic wise though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭technocrat

wayne2107 wrote: »
    Ill be departing Dublin (Santry) and going to Kerry tomorrow at 5pm (mad i know) . I know traffic is going to be cat, would 11pm be a good eta for Ballybunnion?

I used to do that route regularly upto last year but use the train now.
    On a BH w/e it would easily take 5/6hrs to get to North Kerry.
    Sometime I used to wait till Saturday morning as you avoid the main bottleneck of traffic on the M50.

Once you get past Citywest the traffic keeps moving until you hit Mountrath - the 1st village after Portlaoise where the M7 finishes :(
    Its pretty much sh1te from there all the way to Limerick due to lack of proper bypasses in the remaining towns.

Once you hit Limerick use the new southern bypass and take the turn off for Galway/Shannon as this will get you onto the coast/Foynes road.
    Its not bad from there on.
    Probably about another 1h 10mins to Ballybunion :)

Advertisement