Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

star trek forum skin

Options
  • 17-09-2003 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭

Thanks to roller toaster here is a first draft of a skin for the star trek forum. Once again many thanks to roller toaster. I'm looking into getting it selectable as a skin for all boards forums on perhaps forcing it on everyone on the star trek forum :)

Just wondering can i get everyone's opinions on it, and perhaps some suggestions on it as roller toaster mentioned it needed some work

cheers

data

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Roller Toaster

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

The man makes a good point

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

Gotta love the LCARS interface :)

Although that mauve/purple colour might become headache-inducing in a long thread...

mabye somthing like this.

Oh yeah, the colours can be easily fixed, photoshop sees to that. Just as long as the basic layout is ok although I'm not sure if all of it is doable under vbulletin? Esepically the bits at the top and bottom of the posts.

(These things)
    barbtm06up.gif

barbtm06down.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

The pink colour is pretty nauseating.

You should try making the curved shapes look less pixellated.

Otherwise, it's pretty cool.

• Advertisement

I've made an updated version now minus the biggest complaint which was the pink colour and I've softened the edges of the curved bars. Keep the comments rolling on version 1.1 :)

http://members.boards.ie/rollertoaster/boards_ie-vbulletin%20-%20Forum%20Skin%20Star%20Trek.htm

ok perhaps the REPLY and NEW THREAD links could be made smaller. and i'll nit pick and say conquer is spelt conquer not conquour sorry :p

data

Pedantic but highly appreciated, it would have been embarrassing to let that little error seep through :p
    The altered version, 1.15b :) is now up.

http://members.boards.ie/rollertoaster/boards_ie-vbulletin%20-%20Forum%20Skin%20Star%20Trek.htm

Keep 'em coming.

i can't really make out the writing under author and thread line could this be updated?

You mean on the bar things that I posted about earlier? You're not meant to seeing as they're the usual Star Trek thing of buttons and screens with writing you can't quite make out or numbers. I got them off a Star Trek webpage pack a while back and I haven't altered them except for the antialiasing as per simu's request but I could get rid of the writing on the bars totally if you want?

• Advertisement

nah sure if there not meant to be read there not meant to be read. I like the federation signature down the bottom of the page i have to say though

Are we all set then? How do we go about making it into a skin?

sounds good to me who do we contact bout that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Nevermind a star trek skin, you need a borg skin! Resistance is futile!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

PM cloud about it

Originally posted by Lucutus
    lol

WTF? wheres your borg cube shocking

Thaed thanking you

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

that skin makes me nauseous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Originally posted by Dataisgod
    WTF? wheres your borg cube shocking

I was laughing at the skin, it's funny.

My borg cube avatar is gone, only to be replaced by an even greater ev1l. ph33r. :f33r:

Luc

send any suggestions for the skin roller toasters way he is quite good at assimilating them into the collective skin :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

I was laughing at the skin, it's funny.

My borg cube avatar is gone, only to be replaced by an even greater ev1l. ph33r.

Luc

What's so scary about Odlums then eh?*

*...except watery porridge

If theres things you don't like tell me and I'll change them, comments like "that skin makes me nauseous." aren't particularly constructive. I'll keep updating it until everyone's happy but you need to tell me what exactly it is you don't like.

Advertisement