Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I unroot htc sensation

Options
  • 11-07-2012 8:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭

Hi guys I wonder can anyone help me I bought a htc sensation on adverts

And think the phone is rooted I did a root check and it says rooted .

What I need to know is can this be unrooted back to factory settings ?

I read on tinternet the if you update to ics when phone is rooted it fkus up the phone .

Now I no nothing about android phones so if anyone could help it would be great .

Ps if it can be done where could I get it done and is it dear ?

Thanks in advance guys .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭blinkey 101

Anyone ? 🔫

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭maki

It might end up in a bootloop since the custom recovery which is installed while rooting doesn't play nicely with ICS. You'll need to reflash the stock recovery, then update to ICS.

Best bet is to run the RUU and play it from there, but there might be easier ways.

Have a look at this xda post; it should clear things up:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1228648

I think that would be way over my head lol I can just about turn on a computer :confused:

Can you tell me how I check to see if phone is s-on or s-off ?

I have rang lots of phone "repair" shops to see can they reroot the phone but most of them haven't a clue and the rest don't speak English lol .

I have see tones of people with the same problem wanting to Un root their phones , I'm sure there is money to be made for someone on adverts .

Thanks for your help .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 169 ✭✭skoomi

I don't have a clue how to un-root, just wanted to ask: Why do you want to un-root it?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I think that would be way over my head lol I can just about turn on a computer :confused:

Can you tell me how I check to see if phone is s-on or s-off ?

I have rang lots of phone "repair" shops to see can they reroot the phone but most of them haven't a clue and the rest don't speak English lol .

I have see tones of people with the same problem wanting to Un root their phones , I'm sure there is money to be made for someone on adverts .

Thanks for your help .

Why would you want it unrooted though?

Does not make sense, you have full control when it is rooted?

Surely you can run an RUU (exe on your pc) and put the phone back to stock ROM?

• Advertisement

Fieldog wrote: »
    Why would you want it unrooted though?

Does not make sense, you have full control when it is rooted?

Surely you can run an RUU (exe on your pc) and put the phone back to stock ROM?

Hi the thing is I know nothing about rooting or Un rooting I only bought the phone of a guy on adverts and discovered it was rooted .

Rooted phone is of no use to me I woulden have a clue about it .

I read that if your phone is rooted it could screw up when downloading ota ics .

Btw the only reason I think it's rooted is by a software called root checker .

Tbh all this to me is like looking up a donkeys arse .

So all I want is an Un rooted phone so I can get ota ics and be on my way .

Ok so I'm going to try do this myself I have down loaded android recovery manager opened it up and can see a black box with Vodafone fr /Europe so on with a lot of numbers after them anyone any idea what one I choose ?

Ps its asking me to choose my recovery ? What one should I choose ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 169 ✭✭skoomi

I read that if your phone is rooted it could screw up when downloading ota ics .

Where did you hear/see this?

skoomi wrote: »
    Where did you hear/see this?

There is loads of sites But maybe just hog wash but better to be safe than sorry :confused:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-4g-rooting-roms-hacks/161705-will-updating-my-evo-while-rooted-brick.html

• Advertisement

Tumble weed & crickets ????????

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Tumble weed & crickets ????????

I'm not familiar with the handset in question myself, but Maki's instructions from XDA above is what you wanna be following, is the handset Vodafone branded one?

Basically see can you find a n00b guide to rooting and flashing the sensation over on XDA or Modaco site, they are a very helpful bunch for those not so savvy, if you have a question before you do anything put it in the general section, not Android development thread...

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭prionnsias

If your phone is rooted installing the update won't mess up your phone it just won't work. Your best bet is to go over to xda and spend some time looking through the forums, Theres no simple solution to your problem but it is possible to get back to the stock rom.

Advertisement