Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to get a dog to Bray?

• 01-06-2008 3:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭

Right, I need some help here. I live in town(Dublin), I'm minding a friends dog for the weekend but I want to go to Bray and have a pint in a beergarden. I don't have a car, can you take a small dog on a bus or train? Is there any taxis that let you bring dogs? am I going to have to find dark glasses and a white cane to get this dog onto a bus?

any ideas would be great,
    cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

In before the "that's a terrible way to refer to your date" 'jokes'.
    Moved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭stagolee

I was expecting a few of those jokes alright :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I've taken a small dog on both the DART and buses before. It helps if it doesn't look like it will cause trouble, though on buses, I'd say it might be down to the driver.

Taxis will let you take a dog, but with an extra charge.**

**actually I just checked the updated taxi fares here and it says they cannot charge extra but taking the animal is at the driver's discretion - again it helps I suppose if it doesn't look like it will gik all over the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭stagolee

spurious wrote: »
    I've taken a small dog on both the DART and buses before. It helps if it doesn't look like it will cause trouble, though on buses, I'd say it might be down to the driver.

Taxis will let you take a dog, but with an extra charge.**

**actually I just checked the updated taxi fares here and it says they cannot charge extra but taking the animal is at the driver's discretion - again it helps I suppose if it doesn't look like it will gik all over the place.

cool, cheers mate, i'll go give the dart a try so :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,345 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Carry it in a plastic bag and every time time it yelps you yelp so that people think you are a weirdo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,492 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Put dog in a suitable carrier and it should be OK, although they are happier with pet breeds than bigger ones.

Why are you taking the dog to the pub?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

Victor wrote: »
    Put dog in a suitable carrier and it should be OK, although they are happier with per breeds than bigger ones.

Why are you taking the dog to the pub?

For a pint. Silly question, Vic:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

To be honest, it will probably be easier to get a donkey to bray! :D

**gets coat**

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,860 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Put it on your head like in the Bud Light ad!

Advertisement