Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting to Dublin Airport BH Friday...

Options
  • 29-05-2008 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭

I have a flight at 11:30, which probably means being in the airport around 10 ish, and I live in Co. Kildare.

Should I just go up the N7/M50 and hate the traffic for a couple of hours, or is there a genuine alternative route? Can anyone advise me how long to leave, roughly?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,960 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I would allow about 2 hours but it depends on whether you are in the Rathcoole end of Kildare or down near the Carlow town end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

I'm nearer carlow than rathcoole! Around mid-kildare, near kildare town.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

Prenderb wrote: »
    I'm nearer carlow than rathcoole! Around mid-kildare, near kildare town.

If you are traveling in the morning, you would realistically need to allow at least 2 1/2 hours for rush hour traffic. Assuming this to be the case, I'd run the N7/M7 towards Dublin for a starts. After the Citywest turn off, take the next junction, the Baldonnell exit. Head towards Lucan and onto the N 4 and hence the Westlink and M 50. That or train and airport coach from Dublin city centre which will be crowded but more predictable time wise.

Advertisement