Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

suit or jacket

Options
  • 28-05-2015 7:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭

Going to wedding tomorrow and just want to know is it acceptable to wear a jacket and pants or should I wear a suit. All my friends will be wearing suits but I am more comfortable in my sports coat and pants.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,498 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Wear whatever you feel best in as long as it's dressy enough for the wedding.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭skallywag

I agree with Brian, dressy enough but still something that you are comfortable with. You see so many guys wearing a suit at weddings who either look plain uncomfortable or who have thrown on a poorly fitting suit just to have a box ticked. At my own wedding I'd certainly prefer my guests to be comfortable and look well in a pants and shirt etc rather than look/feel bad in a suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

All agree say Yeah!! Yep as above just wear a jacket, sure in fairness all those in suits just end up taken the jacket off more or less straight away so whats the point.

I know a chap who I have never seen in a suit only at his own wedding he just goes in nice pants and shirt and looks great

• Registered Users Posts: 33,714 ✭✭✭✭listermint

People can look equally as bad in ill fitting jacket and pants.

Its very subjective question tbh.

Style doesnt just happen by dropping a tie.

Advertisement