Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Banned from SM..... again......

• 26-05-2015 11:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭

So I'm back....

This time I really don't have a clue why.....

I've PM'd said mod as per last instruction so what now?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

As you've said you've PMed the mod, could you forward the PMs on to me please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

MrMac:You brought up the huntalaar thing in a round about way and also you were baiting the Everton manager, he has said he's happy with his squad and everyone accepts this except you, how he plays the game is his choice, mocking him after victory isn't on.

I have responded to the PM, TBH last time I got banned I was going off on one, everyone does....

This time, I was having a laugh with the Everton manager (well at least trying to) and the forum has become so PC that if my ban stands this time, that's it for me on boards.....

Eggshell city

The problem seems to be that your idea of 'having a laugh' doesn't seem to fit with everyone else's idea of having a laugh, and comes across as 'taking the piss' instead. Your post seems to be simply goading the manager of that team, something that you have been warned about in the past and you should know better than to do so at this stage. Because of that, your claim that you didn't know of anything you did wrong doesn't really hold water. Even your previous post in that thread, you were having a sly dig at the previous poster. The mods let that one slide, and rescinded warnings, so you also can't say that they're being too heavy handed either.

Last time you claimed:
    there was nothing personal between myself and the manager in question and it's been portrayed as me trying to get a rise out of him, which is not the case.
    and have now stated you were "going off on one, everyone does", so the claim of innocence and misinterpretation of your intentions holds less water than it would have done previously.

I can see no reason to reverse the infraction that lead to your ban, and any further infractions upon your return would lead to a months ban, following the escalation steps that the mods have in place. I'd advise you to use this relatively short ban time to reflect on how you've been acting in the forum, and the unnecessary aggravation that such behaviour causes in what's otherwise a pretty civil and good natured forum, and amend how you post upon your return, as you are obviously passionate about the game and a good contributor when you're not trying to wind up other posters or grinding an axe over some animosity between other players.

You can of course appeal to have an admin review this if you wish.

How do I appeal to admin as this is utterly disgraceful...

I was told to change my attitude and posting style last time and I did, look through my previous posts and you will see just as such...

I like they way your quick to point out my sly dig yet you overlook the post I quoted in that response... Yet again I was not the instigator in that one but hey, it was a mod so I don't expect him to be on here defending himself....

It is possible for someone to go off one one and for it NOT to be personal you know... Those two are not inexplicably linked....

Finally, you say that my views on banter differ to those on thread in regards to having a laugh when the results come in and in the same post you say that the forum is in general 'pretty civil and good natured' Utter contradiction. You have obviously never rest the thread on a Thursday or Sunday evening when the results come in and the utter piss take that goes on between fellow managers.... My comment would not be out of place amongst any of those... If banter is discouraged then I and about 90% of the rest of the thread members have no place there...

P.S. Gove asked me to take this time to reflect, I was offered similar advice on the last ban, did that, adjusted my posting style in accordance to mod decree.... And now this, I'm thinking that maybe the fault is not my end...

This is disgraceful, I've done what mods asked and if members need to think twice about weather or not they can have a laugh on thread then may as well just shut up shop now lads...

very let down, poor moderating IMO

I'll flag this to the admins for review.

• Advertisement

How long does this process normally take?

It varies. I'll see if I can give one of the admins a nudge.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

I'm not seeing a reason to disagree with the CMod's assessment here.

Your defence seems to boil down to "I should be allowed to say what I said". That's not your call to make; it's the mods'.

The ban is upheld.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement