Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infraction

Options
  • 19-05-2015 5:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

I received an infraction on these grounds:

Dear NJto.IE,

You have been warned for being uncivil.

Typically, this means that you are posting in a needlessly aggressive or confrontational manner being disruptive on the forum or causing stress for the other members. We don't want that here.

For this comment:

Originally Posted by NJto.IE View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Eoin247 View Post
    You seem to be completely unaware of how economies work and the reality of a situation such as this. Firstly as another user pointed out, we will indeed be taking in many thousands of migrants if we adhere to EU proposals.

Secondly the only way they could make a positive contribution is if they either have money or are well educated in fields where we are short of workers. Clearly they are not bringing in money and the vast majority of the migrants are not well educated.

Even if we were to be generous and say that 5% somehow are well educated. Of that 5% there would be a even smaller amount of workers that are in demand. We aren't exactly brimming with jobs here in Ireland.

We need to be solving our own problems at home first before taking in all these migrants. The European economy is largely stagnant as it is, how people think we can afford this at such a time is mind boggling.
    The EU should scoop these people up, put them on Islands (like Italy was doing) and sort them out. Why the hell are they letting any of these people onto the European mainland? Not to mention letting in a bunch of Muslims, when they should be sorted and sent to live in wealthier Muslim nations, like Qatar, Saudi and UAE.

Moderator Note

"They should be sorted and sent to live in wealthier Muslim nations" Going a bit far there.

1. I was in agreement with the person I was replying to, not confronting them. I don't see a violation with my comment.
    2. I didn't spam my comment and my reply was germane to what the previous person was saying. I don't see a violation for being disruptive.

3. "...causing stress for the other members."
    Apparently it was this comment that didn't sit right with the moderator.

Moderator Note

"They should be sorted and sent to live in wealthier Muslim nations" Going a bit far there.

Sending migrants/refugees to live in wealthier Muslim nations is the question for an active thread here on BOARDS.IE

It hasn't been shutdown and in fact, people with contrary viewpoints seem fine with weighing in and giving the OP a serious reply.

I don't see how it could so stressful when there is an almost identical thread topic active on the boards without being shut down by moderators.

I would like to appeal for my initial infraction only. Also, I wonder if there is any moderator protection for minority opinions? I feel like I may have to just stay out of any politics or current events threads if I'm going to be subject to an infraction for such an ambiguous reason.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

NJto.IE,
    The first step in the DR process is to PM the mod in question to try and resolve this. Have you done so? If not, please do so and let me know whether or not you were able to resolve the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭NJto.IE

humanji wrote: »
    NJto.IE,
    The first step in the DR process is to PM the mod in question to try and resolve this. Have you done so? If not, please do so and let me know whether or not you were able to resolve the issue.

Yes, I did. But I feel that there's no way I can expect her to be fair with me given her response AND how harsh I was to her in my replies.

Why was I harsh to her? I am a moderator on another forum and nothing used to irritate me more (before I became a mod) than moderators who inserted their own beliefs into decision making, rather than just interpreting the rules as objectively as possible.

It reminds me of a referee who plays favorites, it's just annoying and undermines confidence.

This is why I only launched an appeal on the first infraction, because I understand that I completely deserved the second infraction.

Okay. It was a warning, not an infraction you received. Infractions are for flagrant breaches of the rules. Warnings are there to stop you reaching that point.

From reading your post, you received the warning because of the perceived racist tone. There's no problem with you giving your opinion in the first part:
    NJto.IE wrote:
    The EU should scoop these people up, put them on Islands (like Italy was doing) and sort them out. Why the hell are they letting any of these people onto the European mainland?

But you then say:
    NJto.IE wrote:
    Not to mention letting in a bunch of Muslims, when they should be sorted and sent to live in wealthier Muslim nations, like Qatar, Saudi and UAE.

This is the problem part. You differentiate the people based on their religion. You want those who are Muslim to be treated differently than others, purely based on their being Muslim. That's plain discrimination. You were given the warning "Going a bit far there" to tell you to not keep going down that route. You weren't given a warning for stating where they should go.

Okay. It was a warning, not an infraction you received. Infractions are for flagrant breaches of the rules. Warnings are there to stop you reaching that point.

From reading your post, you received the warning because of the perceived racist tone. There's no problem with you giving your opinion in the first part:

But you then say:

This is the problem part. You differentiate the people based on their religion. You want those who are Muslim to be treated differently than others, purely based on their being Muslim. That's plain discrimination. You were given the warning "Going a bit far there" to tell you to not keep going down that route. You weren't given a warning for stating where they should go.

Well, Islam is a religion, not a race. So the reply to me wasn't well thought out.
    I was saying that the Muslim refugees should be sent to wealthier Muslim countries, just as children are sent to culturally/ethnically appropriate homes IF AT ALL possible in many countries.

This idea that Europeans and other Westerners should put multiculturalism above national security is insane. Let's remember that Greece and Spain have a history of Muslim occupation (and all the rape, enslavement, theft and humiliation that goes with it) and THEIR sensitivities should come into play too...if you want to talk about hurt feelings and what will the neighbors think.

Why did you only single out Muslims to go to wealthier Muslim counties? Why do all the others get put on an island and sorted out there? Do you see what I'm getting at? You split the people into two groups: Muslims and non-Muslims. The Muslim refugees should be shipped straight off while anyone who isn't Muslim gets put on an island and processed. That's the discrimination. You were given a warning to stop going down that route as to continue on would result in an infraction or even a ban.

You haven't yet given me a reason as to why you shouldn't have gotten the warning.

• Advertisement

Why did you only single out Muslims to go to wealthier Muslim counties? Why do all the others get put on an island and sorted out there? Do you see what I'm getting at? You split the people into two groups: Muslims and non-Muslims. The Muslim refugees should be shipped straight off while anyone who isn't Muslim gets put on an island and processed. That's the discrimination. You were given a warning to stop going down that route as to continue on would result in an infraction or even a ban.

You haven't yet given me a reason as to why you shouldn't have gotten the warning.

That's not what I said. I said everyone should be put on an island set up for processing. Then Muslims (specifically Sunni) would be out processed to wealthier Muslim nations. Those Muslim nations I listed ALL had a role in destabilizing North Africa and the middle east. So not only is it religiously appropriate but it's putting the burden back on some of the countries who contributed to the problem.

Why wouldn't Christians, Yazidis, Shabaks, Shiites (with caveats) be sent to those countries? Because the EU already has a well documented understanding of what sort of extreme persecution non-Sunni Muslims face in much of the Arab world. It would be most appropriate to send them to the EU or to a third party.

Europe has extreme demographic problems and conflicts between Muslims and the state. Adding more Sunni Muslims to Europe will strengthen the hand of Islamists.

If you have a problem with that, you'll have to show where I violated the charter. What I produced is a hip pocket plan for getting the migrants processed as quickly and fairly as possible. It also takes into consideration the security issues Europe is facing.

If you want to put multiculturalism and political correctness above honest moderation...it's not me who deserves the warning.

Finally, let's remember most of these people are economic migrants, not refugees. So most of these people won't have a case to remain in Europe, regardless of their religious affiliation or non-affiliation.

I'm not here to debate your plan. I'm here to deal with the warning you received.
    That's not what I said. I said everyone should be put on an island set up for processing. Then Muslims (specifically Sunni) would be out processed to wealthier Muslim nations
    That isn't what you said. You said:
    The EU should scoop these people up, put them on Islands (like Italy was doing) and sort them out. Why the hell are they letting any of these people onto the European mainland? Not to mention letting in a bunch of Muslims, when they should be sorted and sent to live in wealthier Muslim nations, like Qatar, Saudi and UAE.

Read how you phrased it. You don't think any of those people should be let on to the mainland and Muslims shouldn't even be considered? Not Sunni, not any other denomination. All Muslims. That is the issue and that is why you received a warning.

You weren't warned for not wanting any of them in Europe. You were warned for the discriminatory tone of the post. And that's all it was, a warning. I honestly can't see any reason to lift the card, and have to let it stand.

You can of course have an Admin come and review it for you, if you wish.

Advertisement