Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

garage to source and fit door handle 04 focus

Options
  • 29-12-2014 12:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭

In a piece of bad timing the door handle has come off a rear door on my ten year old focus. Need a new one more than likely. (handle for now, car as soon as I can afford it). I usually go to Discount in Rosemount but body work is not their thing. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭jeffk

Try Martin Talbot in Sheepmoor: 0868724648

and

Stop using Discount, last time I was there they wanted to do hundreds of euros of repair works on my car. Months later I got one thing fixed(wheel bearing) and tip wood its going grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

An arkward situation you find yourself in, especially with most places shut for the holidays.

A part like a door handle would gererally be only available from a Ford Main Dealer. The nearest to Dublin 15 would be Ashley Motors, 305 North Circular Road, just before Phibsborogh Church on the left. Or you could go to Finglas Motors on the North Road. Both should be able to fit it easily.

However availability on a part for a ten year old model, might see it having to been ordered in, which could take several days.

You could also check with a local Motor Factor, to see if the part might be available from another source other than a Main Dealer. They might also be able to recommend someone to fit it for you as well. But again bear in mind that this will not be an off the shelf item.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭jeffk

Go near a main dealer pay through the nose

Motor factory only seem to stock wipers etc,

Breakers yard, then see on YouTube how easy or hard it can be

Then after that try the mechanic i suggested, or one in general, most don't like fitting stuff from a breakers, but then it's only a door handle

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

athtrasna wrote: »
    In a piece of bad timing the door handle has come off a rear door on my ten year old focus. Need a new one more than likely. (handle for now, car as soon as I can afford it). I usually go to Discount in Rosemount but body work is not their thing. Any suggestions?

Plenty breaking here.
    Get one and I'll throw it on for ya, no problem.

You didn't say if it was inner or outer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

dodzy wrote: »
    Plenty breaking here.
    Get one and I'll throw it on for ya, no problem.

You didn't say if it was inner or outer?
    It's outer. I'm a total girl when it comes to cars ( well actually all the time) so I'm not sure how I get one from those cars on adverts? Thanks for your help!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

Fixing cars for some people can be quite scary.

Have you any family members handy with a few tools.

Swapping a door handle isnt a big job.

Best bet if you can get someone you know to do this, is visit a scarp yard.

Second hand part, would cost €5 - €10 max, about an hour then swap.

Maybe try yourself, if stuck, Youtube videos are great for videos like this.

Good luck.

It's outer. I'm a total girl when it comes to cars ( well actually all the time) so I'm not sure how I get one from those cars on adverts? Thanks for your help!

What side? Black or the same colour as the car paint? I'll chase one for ya.

Muckie wrote: »
    Fixing cars for some people can be quite scary.

Have you any family members handy with a few tools.

Swapping a door handle isnt a big job.

Best bet if you can get someone you know to do this, is visit a scarp yard.

Second hand part, would cost €5 - €10 max, about an hour then swap.

Maybe try yourself, if stuck, Youtube videos are great for videos like this.

Good luck.

Unlikely that OP would have the tools. I'd guess deep set bolts and torx heads thrown in.

What side? Black or the same colour as the car paint? I'll chase one for ya.

OMG you are amazing. It's black, rear passenger side. Thank you so much!

OMG you are amazing. It's black, rear passenger side. Thank you so much!

Right-e-o. Rang a lad (adverts). Had one. 20€. I think it's a traveller site on the n32 (between Hilton and bewleys airport hotels). If you want, I'll pick it up. Think of it as a late Christmas present.

• Advertisement

Right-e-o. Rang a lad (adverts). Had one. 20€. I think it's a traveller site on the n32 (between Hilton and bewleys airport hotels). If you want, I'll pick it up. Think of it as a late Christmas present.

If you could that would be amazing and I'll certainly reimburse any costs.

If you could that would be amazing and I'll certainly reimburse any costs.

I've to head to Finglas shortly so I'll pop down and grab it en route. Can you post a pic of the car please? Guess it's a 04?

I've to head to Finglas shortly so I'll pop down and grab it en route. Can you post a pic of the car please? Guess it's a 04?

Thanks so much, yes it's a 04

Thanks so much, yes it's a 04

Got that. Pm your number.

Got that. Pm your number.

Great minds ;)

Am absolutely overwhelmed by the help and generosity of Dodzy. I now have a working car door handle. Boards really is a fantastic community. Thank you so much :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,009 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Nice one dodzy!!

Am absolutely overwhelmed by the help and generosity of Dodzy. I now have a working car door handle. Boards really is a fantastic community. Thank you so much :)
    Gaspode wrote: »
    Nice one dodzy!!

Good Karma folks:)

OP, my pleasure. Glad to help. HNY to you all

Advertisement