Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Star Wars documentaries?

Options
  • 16-07-2003 1:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone remember back in the 80's when ITV used to show a Star Wars movie on Xmas day? If so then do you remember the 1 hour making-of documentaries they used to show right afterwards? If so AGAIN does anyone know the exact titles of these doc's and where I might pick them up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,514 ✭✭✭patch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

I have "The Making of Star Wars", "Classic Creatures: Return of the Jedi" and "From Star Wars to Jedi.." on pretty knackered VHS tapes. I picked them up in Virgin megastore, back when there was a Virgin megastore to pick them up in.

Hunt around, and you'll probably still find some places selling them. Or else ebay.

But it might be better asking why the sudden impulse to get your hands on them? Judging by the (soon to be) success of the Indiana Jones dvds, I doubt the Star Wars ones will be far behind. The appearance of the old footage of Star Wars with the WWII dogfight scenes cut into the film instead of incomplete special effects shots would hint towards someone going through the archive for "bonus footage".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭StarScream

there are short "making of" documentarys before each of the films on the special edition vhs's. not great but at least its something

Advertisement