Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Sports Arena ban

Options
  • 25-05-2015 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I was permanently banned from the FSA Forum last October and would like to ask if this can be overturned. I had some constructive criticism on the forum and one specific mod, unfortunately I picked the wrong time and place to post it. This was pointed out by the FSA mod in question and ex-mods afterwards although hindsight doesn’t help much. Essentially it appears I was lumped in with two other posters who were (rightly) banned for abusing the mod. I dropped the mod in question a PM after the banning and wished him luck, no hard feelings etc. The issue was coming to a head one way or another.

Bar the odd post, I’ve been off Boards for almost 8 months now which is a decent amount of time since creating my account over a decade ago. With the benefit of time away, I can see how difficult myself and a few other posters were to deal with although I think the forum is a lot easier to manage than the likes of the Soccer Forum! Fantasy Football is a competitive game and this leads to debates and arguments, unfortunately some get a bit wound up despite the best efforts not to. The final ban was not for any issue on the forum, but for joining a thread another two aggrieved posters created in the Feedback forum. As I mention above, despite asking for permission to post and trying to keep it civil (despite others being far from civil towards me) I was banned along with the two that created the thread. I didn’t dispute the ban at the time.

Surprisingly enough I don’t actually miss posting on the forum, I think it was more a habit than anything else. That being said, there are some Fantasy Football leagues I’m involved in that I will lose my place in if my ban is upheld, so I guess this is the only time worth asking. I've had a number of PM's from forum members over the past two days, mainly relating to my place in the leagues. If Dav/FG feel there is room to overturn it I don’t mind the ban staying in place until August (or even October if they think it warrants a full year), but I think the guys running the FF leagues need to know by the end of the month one way or another.

No need to drag up all the previous history, if Dav/FG want me permanently off the forum then we'll leave it at that!

Cheers

Rory

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

You had no constructive anything. You had a petty and obvious attempt to tarnish a mod's name and the entire community of that forum called you and the other 2 numpties out on it.

So no, your ban stands.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Thanks for calling me a numptie - classy as always Dav!

Good luck trying to portray the whole community as being against me, we both know this is bull****. Anyway, as I said I'm not going to push it. Close the thread. Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement