Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good (and Bad) CGI?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

you're one to talk... youve been pm'd

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Note:

1.titanic one of the most expensive films of all time (Is it still the most?)
    2. James Cameron is a complete perfectionist and would accept nothing less.

Alot of CGI comes down to if the director will either accept a comprimise or will have the time to perfect. Comprimise is a big killer in Hollywood.

James Cameron had his name made with earlier films and with the budget could tell stan winston to go back and redo any scene he wanted. (he also if u watch the T2 documentry he gets away with alot of scenes which would screw up for others)

Anyway some directors aint pushed to make it overall real. In films like star wars and Marvel films to colourful FX fit in with what the creators *think* is what we'd expect. While The dark convincing world of LOTR we'd expect needed really proper work.

The ability is there its just the same as buying quality goods and cheap goods. Its the time and money that went into it to create convincing FX. I admit there have been low budget films with excellent FX but most of the time it aint the fx...just how its shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Cant you keep me out of your b*tch fight plz?
    I know he has the same avatar as me and his sig is annoyingly similar, but as that pic is tryign to show, I assure you im not the same person....... I havent even seen the hulk ffs :rolleyes:

thank you.....

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

The Hulk CGI was far better than either of Spiderman or Daredevil. Which was nice. It looks terrible in the trailers on the TV but does look fine on the silver screen.

• Advertisement

defo agree... hulk was far classier than spiderman... spiderman wasn't bad though....

haven't actually seen DareDevil yet... i heard the film overall was rubbish... any truth in the rumour??? is it worth seeing???

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I actually introduced Third_Echelon to boards in the last few months. So how the heck he could get a couple of thousand posts in the time under Pugsley is beyond me. Also, he has the imagination of a dead chicken, he probably copied Pugsley and changed it a bit so he could plead innocense.

To the mods: please dont ban me for introducing him, he is a good lad if ya give him a chance :D

jesus... what the hell....

i think you are missing the point here and jumping the gun.... preemo....
    Also, he has the imagination of a dead chicken, he probably copied Pugsley and changed it a bit so he could plead innocense.

what the hell drivel is coming out of your mouth????

imagination of a dead chicken???? dont make me laugh.... all im going to say jesus is "half a percent".... what does that make you???

I feel a bit like poor old Bill Clinton here...

"I did not copy Pugsleys identity"... jesus im ashamed that you'd even think that....

mods.. please ban jesus for getting of the topic and im gonna sue him for slander and deformation of character anyway.... ill see you in court jesus....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I thought the CG in The Hulk was a bit ropey, particularly blurry in some parts.
    ill see you in court jesus....

I think you owe me enough money already.

definitely not ropey.... i think there is something wrong with your eyes....

no you see jesus when you loose in court you pay up and then ill give you the €10... you tight *************************

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,412 ✭✭✭weemcd

Third_Echelon you cant blame me for side tracking, since it hapens on every thread you subscribe to. for about half a page thers been side tracking without my help
    ps it takes two to sidetrack.

anyway i just hate you.

well i think you find it doesnt... only ones which you rant on...

and i luv you too....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Will you two knock it off please? You've taken an interesting thread and put it in the ****ter. Regardless of who started it. You'll probably get a clip around the ear from Draco if you carry on.

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Lads - cop on and take it elsewhere (ie pms).

Advertisement