Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deus Ex in movie adaption shocker!!!

• 21-07-2003 7:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭

Right here!

I'm shocked, in all honesty.
    How on earth are they going to fit the plot of the game into a film?
    Or are they going to have the seemingly now popular multiple movie episodes?

No cast or anything yet...
    Although, I'd like to see Christian Bale in the role.

What does everyone think of this?
    Any thoughts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Actualy, here's an interview with the scriptwriter Greg Pruss.

I'm not exactly convinced, but at least he's keeping it as a very character-based story, rather than seemingly a matrix-ripoff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭patch

I read a rumour in pc gamer a while back about this. Apparently Eminem was in talks to star in a futuristic thriller which featured twins. It could happen. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

I'm still recovering from Street Fighter I think I'll wait till this has been out a few weeks and I've read the reviews before I splash out 10 euro for it.

Deus Ex the movie is only the latest in a whole lineof mavie adaptions of games.
    Theres a movie of House of the Dead out and Alone in the Dark the movie is soon to follow. As is Dead to Rights the movie and who knows what else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

So it's the Matrix without the specail effects? TBH, I'd be looking forward to this. Deus Ex had a depth that most people (myself included) probably didn't really appreciate while playing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

Originally posted by Darko
    Deus Ex the movie is only the latest in a whole lineof mavie adaptions of games.
    Theres a movie of House of the Dead out and Alone in the Dark the movie is soon to follow. As is Dead to Rights the movie and who knows what else.
    House of the Dead looks cheesily fantastic. It's been finished for ages.. how come it hasn't gotten a release yet?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,872 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

how come it hasn't gotten a release yet?

Because it's meant to be a pile of steaming excrement

Originally posted by Retr0gamer
    Because it's meant to be a pile of steaming excrement
    So you're saying that studios only release films if they're good?

I've got some sour news for you...
    they don't.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,872 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I think it went straight to video in america and nobody else would touch it for distribution. I might be wrong.

Whats wrong with daddy day care? I found it was an incredible journey that examined the human pain treshold.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Retr0gamer
    I think it went straight to video in america and nobody else would touch it for distribution. I might be wrong.
    You are.
    It got picked up by Helkon for a UK theatrical release way back in February. It's getting a US theatrical release by Artisan around Halloween this year.

Sorry for ruining yr thread AW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Bannor

Another indication of how Hollywood has fallen : a ready made audience = blockbuster takings.

Cash Cow #1 : Comics
    Superman, Batman, Judge Dredd, Spawn, X-Men, Spiderman, DareDevil, Hulk... the list continues to grow.

Cash Cow #2 : Games
    Street Fighter, Wing Commander, Dungeons & Dragons, Resident Evil, Final Fantasy...

Later this year, Disney are releasing a computer game Tron 2.0 to test the market before deciding whether or not to make a sequel to the original movie.

A few years ago there was talk of a Doom movie solely because it was the biggest selling computer game around. How could you make a movie out of Doom?

Unlike Doom, Deus Ex actually has a pretty good plot and characters so there's some hope for it.

Casting ...

12m.jpg

Jon Voight : Manderley(??)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Sauron

I don't think I could picture deus ex has a game... what with the multiple endings and other such things.... A movie might just wreck it.... I'd be more looking foward to deus ex 2..

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Originally posted by Bannor
    A few years ago there was talk of a Doom movie solely because it was the biggest selling computer game around. How could you make a movie out of Doom?
    Very easily. Lone marine fighting against the odds to save his girl and the world. Throw in creatures that look like those in the game and you have the typical pulp scifi film.

Lone marine fighting against the odds to save his girl and the world.

Now where have I seen that before. I wouldn't pay to see it. Games like doom and HL wouldn't make good films unless the story was messed around with until it was completely different. These games put you in control as a single character and experienced events from his point of view. A film really needs a few characters and interaction between then and not just run and gun action slush.

Advertisement