Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas Boiler service recommendation

Options
  • 07-03-2014 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭

hi

I have a working 'ideal' gas boiler. It hasn't been serviced in quite a while.

Looking for a recommendation of an RGI registered service person for the Dublin 16 area.
    I want the service to be thorough with the cert, receipt etc... after all the recommended tests.
    No problem paying the market price, just would like recommendations as I am not comfortable just blindly picking one from the many on RGI site.

Is it ok to ask to see the RGI card on arrival - is that common practise?
    I have seen some checklists of required checks/tests for a service, would it be ok to leave a copy beside the boiler as a helpful hint :)

If I have missed a recommendations section, point me in the right direction. I am a bit wet behind the ears in this area.

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,736 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Shaunoc wrote: »
    hi

I have a working 'ideal' gas boiler. It hasn't been serviced in quite a while.

Looking for a recommendation of an RGI registered service person for the Dublin 16 area.
    I want the service to be thorough with the cert, receipt etc... after all the recommended tests.
    No problem paying the market price, just would like recommendations as I am not comfortable just blindly picking one from the many on RGI site.

Is it ok to ask to see the RGI card on arrival - is that common practise?
    I have seen some checklists of required checks/tests for a service, would it be ok to leave a copy beside the boiler as a helpful hint :)

If I have missed a recommendations section, point me in the right direction. I am a bit wet behind the ears in this area.

Many thanks

Johnniek or dgobs on here both service in Dublin.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

Thanks Dec, I don't cover south Dublin at all. Thanks anyway.

Advertisement