Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portion size

Options
  • 19-10-2011 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,024 ✭✭✭✭

Apologies for starting another food thread..BUT for those of you feeding 2 dry meals a day how do you split it? I've always split 50/50 but i was on JWB's site earlier (going to try him on the ceral free one) and they say to feed 1/3 in the morning and 2/3 in the evening. I'm wondering if feeding a bigger meal in the evening could make him bloated - he's a retriever.:confused::confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭boxerly

I give my 2 boxers the same amount in the morning and evening,My boxer who died in december was very deep chested and I was always worried about bloat but thankfully in 11.5 years he never had it:)and I fed him the same 50/50

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

I give the larger meal in the morning, after walkies (usually a good run too), and just before I go to work (10ish).
    My reasoning is that they will sleep all day so have time to digest it, and I sometimes don't get home until 7 or 8 (someone home from 4 but forgets to feed most days:rolleyes:), then walk them and feed them. I think its too late to give a large meal, and they get walked again before bed.
    Also some of the morning meal is in stuffed Kongs.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

50/50, if she gets more than half at one meal, she doesn't eat it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,024 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Thanks guys I think I'll stick to 50/50 then!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Ditto 50/50 here as well, they were getting overly full (n lots of burps lol) so it's easier to feed 50/50 and if I'm late they sure let me know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,024 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Yeah he burps like a pig lol but doesn't fart and I'd like to keep it that way!! :D

Advertisement